17. A Little Less Than Average

17

I was woken up by the sound of the door opening. I was lying on the concrete alone. "Izzy?"

"We already took him away. We didn't want to disturb you. But now it's your turn sweetie." Jane said in fake sweetness.

I got up, she cuffed me, and shoved me down the hallway to who knows where. The cuffs were too tight and my arms were bent too far back.

We walked into a huge room. She shoved me into this cage like thing. Something was different about it. There were wires and what nots attached to the top of it that were attached to a big machine. I had a bad feeling about this.

I looked around me and noticed Izzy in a cage like mine a couple yards away.

"Izzy!"

His attention snapped up. "Felicity! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Where are we?"

"I'm not sure, but don't worry, I'll get you out of this."

"Aw isn't this cute. He's so worried about you Felicity!"

"Lucious! What are you doing?"

"Isn't it obvious? I thought you were smarter than that." He walked over to a machine. "I'm taking your abilities and killing you in the process."

"I don't understand, why were so intent on getting us?" I asked.

"Wait. You don't know?"

"Know what?"

He laughed. "This really is great. I have you both captured and you don't even know what you're foreseen to do."

"Huh?" I'm really confused.

"There was an old fortune teller, and she said that I will be killed by a girl with hair as bright and wild as fire and a boy with eyes that look like the sun. Obviously fortune telling was her ability, so I think she's a good source of information."

"How did you find out though? I mean you aren't even part of our world. How do you even know about us?" Izzy asked.

He laughed again. "Wow. This is great! My own nephew doesn't even know who I am! Oh and things get around."

"Nephew?!"

"That's right little Izzy! I'm your daddy's older brother!"

"But that doesn't make any sense. You don't have the same last name."

"Do you really think I'd keep the same last name as him? I hate the man."

"Why?"

"He was the special one. The one everyone always loved and paid attention to. I should have had the power, but from some fluke he got them! I'm the older brother!"

"That's why you hate us so much? Because my dad got the power and you didn't?"

"Pretty evil isn't it? Well, now I have another reason to kill you. You and your little girlfriend are destined to kill me." He walked over to my cage. "Oh and Felicity, want to know how I got this scar?" I didn't say anything. "Your lovely mother."

"What?"

"Obviously you know her ability is manipulation, well naturally she got me to walk near her and made me feel like everything was fine. That is until she cut me with a knife she had in her hand."

"Was this before or after you killed my father?!"

"Naturally after, so I guess I can't blame her for being mad."

"You're a sick bastard."

"Thank you." He smiled wickedly at me and walked back to one of his little machines. "So here's the plan. I'm going to take Felicity's ability first. I'm not taking all of it so she'll still barely be alive enough for me to kill her precious little boytoy. That way you both get to see the other suffer."

"You're the sickest man I ever met!"

"I know right. It is quite cynical." I couldn't believe someone could be so screwed up that he'd do this to his own family.

Jane came into the room. She was smiling too.

"Oh Felicity, to let you know, my husband's ability was thought. He was the most brilliant man alive, able to figure out anything. Well he wanted to do what Lucious is now. To make a superior race and have all the power. That's when your father stepped in and ruined everything!"

I took that all in.

"What about my father?!" Izzy yelled.

"Oh I still have your dad. I don't want to kill my loving brother....yet."

He smiled and flipped a switch. I felt the pain immediately. It felt like my skin was being torn off. My ability was being ripped away from me.

I fell to the ground and screamed. I couldn't move, just writhe on the ground in pure pain.

"No! Felicity!" I heard Izzy cry. I knew this hurt his so much, by watching.

Finally the pain ended, but I was barely holding on. I could feel myself slipping away. There wasn't enough of my ability left in me to keep me awake much longer.

I was on the ground with my eyes wide open staring at Izzy. His face was stained with tears.

"Your turn Israel!"

I saw him on the ground in his cage. Writhing in pain just as I had. Then everything went black and I passed out.

I was sinking. Like in water. But I could still breathe. It was cold and smooth. It felt nice. I could see the rocks and fish far below. They were swimming around, and were so many different colors. I loved those bright colored fish. They always made me happy.

I saw a face of a man. He smiled and looked very kind. Somehow in my subconscious I knew he was my father. Then there was my mother next to him. She was smiling too. I'd never seen her so happy and young. This was weird for my subconscious because these aren't my memories. They're someone elses. I must just have them.

Then I saw Izzy. My Izzy. He looked handsome as usual, smiling. I recognized that we were in that garden where he first kissed me. Where it all began. So much has happened and now I'm dying. There was no denying it. I was fading and I knew it.

**Okay, i know i must have left something out. Tell me what it is! Like i've said before, this is my first attempt at a story like this, so please help me. I really hope you liked this chapter. Peace!**