8. A Little Less Than Average

8

It’s been a week that we’ve been training.  I haven’t gotten to fight yet because he always has an excuse.  Most of the time it’s that he’s not completely healed yet.  I’m completely ready though.  I’m sure I can take him.

We decided to have the fight today so we both get enough training for it to be a good fight.

I’ve been anticipating it all day.  I chose to do kickboxing.

They put some safety gear on us and put us in the ring. 

“Are you ready princess?  I don’t want to hurt you.”

“Hah!  Bring it lover boy.” 

If you haven’t noticed we haven’t been on the greatest terms as of late.

I got in position with my fists up.  He did too.  Then he was gone.

I searched for him through his mind. 

‘Left.’

‘Right.’

‘I can’t get too close to her.’

‘front.’

‘back.’

‘Above.’

Right when he thought above I kicked straight up.  I barely got him.  “Come on!  Try and hit me!”  I said.  He thought I looked hot so it was easy to read his mind.

‘Left punch to the side.’

I quickly turned to my left and blocked his hit and almost got him but he was gone too soon.

‘Nice block princess.’

This time I tried my new outer ability.  ‘Izzy, come and get me.’

He stopped in front of me.  “What was that?” He asked.  I smirked and kicked him.  Once again I barely nicked him.

‘Stop.’  I sent through my mind to his. 

He then stopped at my side and I punched him right in the side.  He fell then was gone. 

‘Why the hell did I stop?’ he thought.  ‘Damn that was one hell of a hit though.’

Then I couldn’t hear his thoughts.  He was serious now.

All of the sudden he was behind me.  I couldn’t move fast enough to get out of the way of him.  He grabbed my arms and pinned them behind me.

“Gotchya.”

I smirked.  I’ve gotten stronger the past couple of days with Jessica.  Evidently people like us learn and develop a hell of a lot faster than humans.

It was explained to me that I was still unaverage, but I had all the workings of being human, but now that my ability is activated my body changes too.  It’s like second puberty only without all the bad side effects.

I moved this way and that way and before he could pin me down I had turned and had him pinned.  ‘Damn it!’ He thought.  ‘When’d she get so strong?’  There now I can read his mind again.

Then he was gone.  Damn that stupid ability.  It’s starting to irritate me.

I had a scowl on my face and I was poised and ready for him.  He kept on going really fast to all different sides of me. 

Then he stopped.  He was on the ceiling.

“Come down and fight me.”  I said smiling.

He dropped and before he reached the ground he teleported completely to the ground so it was as graceful as ever.