4. A Little Less Than Average

4

“So Stacey can I get the number for the phone on your floor?”  Izzy asked smoothly.  I could hear through her thoughts.  I was a bit of a distance away.

‘I can’t believe he’s asking!  This is a dream come true!’  She thought.

“Sure you can.  Do you have a pen?”

“Yeah.”

He handed it to her and she wrote the number on his hand.  “There you go sweetheart.”

“Thanks.”  He smiled and walked away from her.

She was a little disappointed.  I laughed.  “What’s so funny?”  He asked from straight behind me.  It gave me the chills.

“Haven’t I told you not to do that?!”

“Sorry.  It’s funny to watch you squirm.”

“Jerkface.”

“Oh ouch.”  He said rolling his eyes.

“You know just because we’re technically supposed to be together doesn’t mean I want to be with you.”

He laughed.  “From the past couple of hours, I would beg to differ.”

“Well what else can you do than teleport?”

He thought for a second.  “I play guitar.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, and I’m pretty good to.”

“That’s nice.  I’m kind of a sucker for guitar playing boys.”

“Well there’s my ticket.”  He said smiling.

“Well, I mean you might suck, so we don’t know yet do we?”

“How about this then, since I can now transport how about you meet me in the garden tonight.”

“I can’t.  It’s way too difficult to get out of the stupid place.  I’ve tried.”

“Okay, I have another idea.  I can transport to where ever you are if you want me to and then I can take us both to the garden.”

“Can you do that?”

“I don’t know.  Maybe if I’m touching you.”

“Let’s test it right now.”

“Okay fine.  Where do you want to go?”

I thought for a second.  “Your dorm room.”

‘Oh shit, I didn’t clean it today.’ I heard him think. 

I giggled to myself.  I just thought we had to be touching for me to hear his thoughts.  No even if I say something to turn him on I can hear him.  What is he thinking is going to happen?

“I can hear you.”  I said laughing.

“What?!”

“I can read your mind right now.”  I said sticking my tongue out.

“Shit!”

“Come on lover boy let’s see if this works.”

“Fine.”

He grabbed my hand and then I could see his thoughts go to his dorm room.  Then we were there.  “It worked!”

“Awesome!”  He said smiling.

I looked around.  He’s right, it’s really messy in here.  “Wow, you did forget to clean.”

“I know.  I woke up late this morning.”