Chapter Twelve-Betrayal

"Each betrayal begins with trust."

(Martin Luther)

Haesung HospitalThe next day   The emergency section was chaotic when a patient started rioting

Haesung Hospital
The next day
   The emergency section was chaotic when a patient started rioting. He was involved in a car accident. According to the paramedics who brought him to the hospital, he caused the accident when the motorcycle he was riding swerved dangerously at a junction of the road, causing him to collide with a car that was coming from the opposite direction. Somehow, he was thrown and miraculously landed on some grass, which softened his impact. He suffered bruises on his limbs and he probably had a cracked rib due to the impact he sustained from the crash. Despite being in a bad shape, he could still mouth out some harsh words and don't seem to be in great pain too.

   All the while, he wanted to leave the premises so that he can deliver some stuff to a customer. The doctors and nurses struggled to calm him down and convince him to receive treatment. He repeatedly refused and for a few times, roughly pushed the doctors and nurses away. His tantrum caused some trays and equipment to fall to the floor.

   A male intern tried to get a hold of him, but the patient was stronger than him. He pulled the doctor's wrist and turned him around with his bruised left arm around the doctor's neck. He grabbed a needle and threatened. "Let me go, or I'll kill this man!" He roared as everyone in the circle of the event gasped in shock, instinctively moving backwards while the intern struggled under the mercy of the bewildered man.

   Yoon Mi rushed through the crowd upon hearing the commotion. The lady in a white shirt and blue jeans instantly froze when she saw what was happening. Worse, the intern in trouble was her friend, Tae Jin. Shortly after she arrived at the scene, Tae Jin's sister, Tae Yeon, appeared from the crowd. She gasped loudly, hands cupping her mouth when she saw her brother in great harm. The situation got really desperate now. It seemed that the man's determination to get out of the hospital in his own way and will use force to do so. Threatening a doctor would be one of them.

   "Ahjussi, please let him go! Jaebal!" Tae Yeon begged as the other staff tried to prevent her from moving forward and harm herself. Yoon Mi went to her side. The rest echoed, trying to convince the man to release the doctor.

   "Yah, I'm not old yet! Just let me go! Move aside! Move aside!" He yelled, pinching the needle on the neck. Tae Jin could only stay silent out of fear that a single word from his mouth would result in the man delivering unknown doses of drugs into his system.

   The matter got complicated when the police came pushing through the crowd. They were here to interrogate the man. Upon seeing the men in police uniforms and badges, the man with an unshaven beard and brown skin got more and more aggressive, screaming out profanities now as well as threatening to kill the intern if he wasn't given a safe passage out. The police stood ready, their hands on the holster of their gun and ready to be drawn. One of them took a step forward, left hand raised in the air to show that he meant no harm. "Let him go, sir. There's no point harming the doctor." He said.