Chapter 16: Fierce Obsession

STEVEN'S POV

I've stopped searching for her and just focused on my work. What's the worth of finding someone who didn't want to be found? I didn't even know where she was, what was the reason why she left without any words, and why she didn't answer my calls and messages?

Call me crazy, but I guess I'm already obsessed with her. The more I couldn't see her, the more I felt frustrated but I convinced myself not to think further.

I spent days working on vast papers to be signed and proposals to be approved. As the President, I'm responsible for the progress of my company so I'm really serious when it comes to business, personal life is excluded.

I went to my office very early to resume doing a proposal with a millionaire client.

"Good morning, sir." Mariel greeted me when she noticed me entering my room.

"Morning... Do I have any appointments now?" I asked when I went to my table.

There are lots of documents to be read, and projects to be done before the deadliest line.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Scott this 10 in the morning, sir," she stated handing me a folder, maybe it's about the businessman.

I check all the information, every detail about him, from what business he runs and its background.

"Have you talked to him already?" I asked still my attention to the papers I'm reading.

"Yes, sir. He wants to have a deal with our company," she responded.

I looked up and noticed her looking at me intently.

"What deal?"

She smirked and leaned on the table closer to me. I gulped when her gaze landed on my lips.

"He'll invest millions in exchange for our services for his company, sir..." she got closer and closer until I noticed our faces were inches away from each other.

O___O

I pulled away my chair and looked back at the folder.

Mark Angelou Scott

23 yrs old.

CEO, Onyx Company

Onyx? I've heard about this company's success abroad. They've got the best gemstones and other jewelry exported every month.

"How come he decided to invest in my company?" I asked unbelievably.

As in, wow! I couldn't believe a business tycoon like him would have an interest in my company.

"I don't know, sir. Maybe he found out that we also have the best traveling services and they could use us to export their products." I heaved when I saw her sitting.

"Okay, just call him to confirm it," I said and then started to sign all the documents.

But before she went outside, she uttered words that made me cease.

"And by the way sir. Ms. Dominguez has already come back from her 'LEAVE'. Just in case you want me to call her." she gawped before heading to the door.

I sighed.

I don't know what should I feel now but I could barely notice my lips forming into a smile.

"This would be a long day, Ms. Dominguez... I won't let you flee me again." I said to myself.

I let myself finish everything before going to her. 

But my plan was ruined when Mariel told me Mr. Scott has already arrived and he was waiting in the meeting room.

"You only have 10 minutes to go there, sir. It would be good if you go now directly and not bother to go anywhere," she said emphasizing the last word.