Part1: Chapter 18

Every Sunday, after going to church, Sharni went to dance classes with her friend, Lisa, and today was no exception.

Sharni was ready to go. She just finished her breakfast and got up from the table. She was wearing a white crop top vest and navy blue shorts. Her hair was once again tied in a high pony.

She was about to pick up her gym bag and head out the door, when Andre stopped her from behind.

"Sharni." He said. "You want to tell me something?"

Sharni started to tremble a little, but she could not figure out why. Surely as far as she knew she did nothing wrong. What does Andre want me to say?

Sharni turned around to face her guardian.

"A-about what?" She stuttered.

"Steven Wilks." Andre smiled.

Sharni's eyes widened. Her heart missed a beat.

Where did he hear that from? She thought with fear. I hope he's not angry at me for not telling him.

Noticing his girl's worried look, he stepped forward and gently placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Fear not Sharni." He said with reassuring smile. "I'm happy for you."

"You are?" Sharni beamed with a sigh of relief.

Andre nodded approvingly. "I just hope to meet him one day."

"I'll bring him over soon." Sharni said ecstatically. "So you can get to know him."

"Sounds like a good plan." Andre agreed. "I would love to have a man to man talk with him."

Sharni turned intrigued. "What about?"

Andre's smile slightly drifted. The conversation he had with Vernon, the day before was still echoing in his mind. No doubt he was happy for Sharni dating Steven as Vernon mentioned that there was no issues there. However, it was the mention of the 'dark shadow' coming towards the new happy couple's lives that worried him. He was not 100% sure how to tell Sharni about it for he dreaded to see tears in her eyes.

Andre smiled softly. "Well, let's just say, I just want what's best for the both of you."

Sharni smiled and hugged him. Then she turned around, put on her red summer coat and headed for the front door of the house.

The Dance class took place at a gym was a big hall with big windows on one side. It was situated on the second floor of a building full of leisure centers in town.

As she held on to her sporty gym bag, Lisa stood waiting outside the building for Sharni to arrive. She was wearing a white crop top, under a lilac summer coat; and dark purple shorts. Her long ginger blonde hair was also tied up in a high pony.

She saw Sharni running towards her and together they both entered the building and made their way to the gym. Once they entered the gym, the girls took off their coats and hung them on one of the clothespins by the door, alongside their bags.

The gym was packed with other girls, dancing to the rhythm of the music. There was a dance teacher helping out the beginners, while the rest of the class carried on dancing. It was not just any old dance. It was kind of an aerobic dance where people danced to the music spontaneously.

Lisa was the type of girl who cared for her friend. She always kept on top of things just so she knew her friend was safe and happy. With the latest topic of news being Sharni dating for the first time, Lisa was unable to her mouth shut for she had lots of burning questions to ask.