Part 1: Chapter 5

Sharni's scream clashed with another one of Steven's moans, which jolted her back to reality. She saw Steven still shivering as he lay on his bed with his eyes closed.

Sharni was relieved. For a moment there, her thoughts were playing tricks on her, and she slapped herself for thinking like an idiot.

Oh for heaven's sake, Sharni, he's only human, as if he's gonna bite you. Sharni told herself. She slowly picked the end of the duvet from under Steven's arm and pulled it over his shoulders. All of a sudden his shiver stopped.

Sharni quickly tiptoed back over to her bed and climbed in, hoping that nobody, not even Steven was awaken by what happened. But she did not realize that Steven was actually awake the whole time and opened his eyes to watch her go back to bed.

A sweet smile of relief came across his face as Steven slowly closed his eyes again.

Thank Goodness, she still has a heart for me. He thought with no doubts. That means there's still a chance that she'll forgive me.

The next day was officially the first day of class for the new students. Every student woke up early and started getting dressed for the day, making sure they were not late. In Room 74, nobody had exceptions.

Humming a tune casually as if nothing happened last night; Sharni brushed her hair in the bathroom. She was looking in the mirror of the cabinet above the basin as she tied her hair in two little ponies. She was wearing a blue denim mini skirt, which showed off the roundness of her hips; and a white crop top with a flowery lace trim around the bottom.

The bathroom was in different shades of blue. The toilet, sink and shower were white, while the walls were tiled with a lighter shade of blue than the floor.

Standing by his bed, Steven turned to look at Sharni as he finished dressing himself up. His small brown eyes twinkled as he smiled for the sight of Sharni wearing bright colors. Back at Sharni's and Steven's school, everyone used to wear the same color: Black. He also noticed that Sharni seemed quite content with what she was wearing with her abdomen area free from any clothing surrounding it.

Steven was wearing a yellow shirt with a couple of top buttons undone and the sleeves folded up about a quarter up his arms. He also wore blue tracksuit bottoms, which oddly enough compliment his yellow shirt.

While he watched Sharni pamper herself in a worry free manner, he began to think back to last night's event. He could feel his face warming up and his heart was beating faster than usual as the emotion of anxiety blew over him. He turned away as he tried hiding his face. His mind went blank temporarily. He hesitated about whether or not he should make a move. No words were entering his head. Instead the imagery of the slap he was given just before the Summer vacation played in his mind which made him even more anxious.

Steve, you asshole! He scolded himself. This is the reason why you ended up with the wrong girl in first place! Man up! Man up NOW!

Steven turned to face Sharni again and took a deep breath.

Now it's not a good idea to waste any time. Steven firmly told himself. The apology has to happen right at this moment! If it doesn't, you'll regret it all your life! So go for it NOW!

Steven silently continued to watch Sharni as she walked out of the bathroom and stopped by her bed. She picked up a black big-neck, netted poncho which was lying on her neatly done bed. She was about wear it over her crop top when Steven took up his courage and made his move.