Part 1: Chapter 7

The students in the Biology classroom sat quietly behind their desks, ready for the lesson. They were anxiously hoping for the teacher to be a good one as she stood there in front of them.

The teacher looked stern as she stood next to her desk. She was an old skinny lady with white curly hair and glasses. She looked at least in her 60's, but she looked good for her age. She was wearing a white shirt with a lace collar, and a long pink skirt.

"Right class! First thing's, first," said the teacher. She walked towards one of the windows decorated with flowers planted in pots placed on the windowsill. "These flowers are planted with my own hands. They are very precious to me, so do NOT touch them!"

The students all looked at each other with confusion. So it was obvious that this teacher loved flowers, but what was that to do with the lesson?

In fact, every window in the classroom had planted flower pots placed on the windowsill.

"Now," the teacher continued as she walked back to her desk. "This is your Biology lesson and I am your teacher Miss Hague."

The class kept their eyes on the teacher as she continued to speak.

"I want you to all behave in my classroom." She said. "Or I will send you to the Principal's office."

"Yeah, Miss, as if we're nine years old." Said a cheeky male student. He was a tall Afro-Caribbean boy with brown eyes that were gleaming with mischief. He wore a green hoodie over a white tank top, and dark green tracksuit bottoms. He also wore a baseball cap that matched the color scheme of his outfit.

"You!" Shouted Miss Hague, pointing at the student. "What is your name?"

The cheeky boy turned to the other students with a grin on his face. Then he sighed as sat back in his chair with his hands place on the back of his head.

"Ronan Clarkes." He said proudly.

"Well Clarkes, do not be rude while I speak!" The teacher said. Her wrinkled face shriveled up in anger. "Anyway, nine or sixteen does not make any difference. They are all disobedient children."

"But, we're not children." Said another student.

"QUIET!"

All of a sudden, the class fell silent. They all realized that Miss Hague was the kind of teacher who should not be messed with.

Just then, the door of the Biology classroom flung open. In came a guy in a fine black suit, blue shirt and an orange tie, holding a briefcase. Everybody started laughing.

"Yo, Vince! What's with the suit and briefcase?" Called Steven with a giggle, who was sitting a little further away from the entrance with Sharni sitting next to him.

"I'm a businessman, remember?" Said Vince proudly. "Can't be a businessman without a suit and briefcase."

"And a businessman does not come to work late!" Snapped Miss Hague. "Name?"

"Vince Carr." He said, sounding very confidence, deep down he was a little nervously. He started to dislike this teacher as she was kind of a tough cookie, and he never did like people like that, especially women.

"Student or Staff?" Through her glasses, the old teacher could not tell the difference from a student to a staff when they wore a suit. She could have mistaken Vince for a teacher if Steven did not speak to him in a 'buddy' sort of way.

"Student." Vince replied.

"Right, now sit down, like the rest and listen." Miss Hague ordered. She looked at Vince's tie and added, "Button up that top button and fix your tie while you're at it."

"'At it' Miss." Ronan suddenly repeated with a giggle. "At what? I don't think it's appropriate to do it here."

"Another comment from you Clarkes and you are out!" Miss Hague warned the cheeky student. "Clear?"

Ronan fell quiet.

Vince laughed in his head as he sat down on the nearest chair. Sure I'll be 'at it' soon pal, don't you worry. He took off his coat, and then he took out his writing equipment on the table. The old Bitch is too domineering. Got to teach her a lesson if she carries on, cus no one messes with Vince Carr!

Miss Hague started her lesson.

"Right! Can anyone tell me what Biology is all about?" She asked the class as she walked up and down.

Ronan raised his hand up.

"Yes?" Miss Hague turned to face him.

"Biology is about how people's bodies work." Ronan answered with a cheeky grin.

"Very good, that is one aspect, yes." Miss Hague was very thrilled, but it was very soon cut short.

"Oh, and the reproductive system is the best part." Ronan teased. "I mean, who doesn't want to talk about sex, huh?"

The class burst out laughing again.

"Silence!" Miss Hague shouted. She shook her head and turned her back towards the class. "Kids. That is all they can think about these days. What a dirty mind they have! I wish they could grow up!"

Meanwhile, Steven leaned back in his chair and turned to Ronan and whisper. "Hey Ronan, you haven't changed a bit since summer."

Ronan hissed through his teeth as he leaned forward and whispered back. "If I did, then my name isn't Ronan Clarkes."

Sharni giggled at Ronan's statement. "That's a good one."

"Hey Sharni." Ronan greeted her. "Welcome to the bandwagon."

Sharni smiled a "thank you".

Then Ronan turned back to Steven with a big smile. "Hey, I'm glad you chose wisely this time, bro, the poor girl's been waiting for you for a long time!"

Sharni's big brown eyes widened in astonishment. "How do you know about that?"

Ronan winked. "This big bro knows a hell of a lot!"

Sharni became red in the face and bashfully put her head down.

Luckily Steven came to her defence. "Ok okay, Ro, keep it down."

"Sure thing bro, sure thing." Ronan said reassuringly as leaned back in his chair again.

Vince watching Steven and Sharni chatting with Ronan from the corner of his eye. He felt very disturbed with the scene and was will curious about what being said.

Who is that Ronan guy? Vince pondered. I've never seen him before. But from what I'm seeing, he seems to be a good friend of Steven's. Or is he?

Suddenly, a girl's voice broke Vince's thoughts.

"Maybe I could help, Miss." Said the girl in a noble voice.

The teacher turned to face the class again. She was very much frustrated at this point. However, by hearing the girl's calm voice, Miss Hague had a strange feeling that there may be a difference. And she took a deep breath and said, "Proceed."

"Biology is about the nature around you. Flowers, Plants and Animals." The girl explained.

"Very good. I am impressed." Miss Hague cheered up a little. "Oh, I just wish they were all like you."

The class cheered and clapped.

"Oh, it's no big deal, Miss." The girl smiled with her eyes sparkling. But when she turned to face the rest of the class, the sparkles in her eyes soon disappeared when she noticed something was not right.