Gone

Dax hopped in the car. He felt like the happiest man in the world right now.

She wanted to kiss me too! I can't believe it I didn't really know if she liked me, but now I do. She said she'd like to do something like that again. So where do we stand now? Dax thought to himself.

He parked his car in his mother's drive way. Dax got out of the car and rang the doorbell. His mother opened the door with the biggest smile on her face.

"So how'd your date go? Maria asked.

"It was great."

"You kissed her." she coaxed.

"No. I did not." he lied.

"So you applied some red lip stick before you left?"

"What? No." he said touching his lips. He looked at his finger tips, and no doubt they were red. "Um...where's Dylan." Dax asked.

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!" Maria exclaimed.

"Mother, please."

"Okay! I'll be quiet. Dylan is upstairs sleeping."

"Thank you."

Dax walked up the stairs into Dylan's room. If Dylan wasn't with Dax he was with his mother, so she decorated one of the bed rooms for him.

Dax picked Dylan up, trying not to wake him. But unfortunately he woke him anyway.

"Daddy." Dylan said sleepily.

"Yeah buddy?"

"Where's Izzy?"

"She's at home."

"Can we go see her now? I miss her."

"Of course." Dax assured him.

Dylan lied his head down back on Dax's shoulder. Dax walked down the steps, Maria kissed Dylan, and Dax on the cheek as they left.

While Dax was getting Dylan, Isabella decided to take a shower. After her shower she sat on her bed and pulled her diary from under her pillow.

Dear Diary,

My date with Dax was PERFECT! I had so much fun with him tonight. We actually kissed. I feel like the happiest girl in the world. But what if this makes things awkward between us? I'm still his employee, and he is still my boss. Maybe I'm overthinking everything.

Dax and Dylan should be here soon. I haven't seen Dylan all day. I miss him. I should call my sister and catch up with her. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

Isabella

She slipped her diary under her pillow, like she always did. Ten minutes later she heard the garage door open. She ran down the stairs eager to see Dylan.

When she saw Dax, Dylan was asleep. She was a little sad about that so she offered to put him in the bed.

"It's fine I'll do it." Dax said.

"Dax, please? I haven't seen him all day." Isabella begged.

This warmed Dax's heart. She felt like she was more than just Dylan's nanny.

Isabella cradled Dylan in her arms and walked him into his room. She lied him down in the bed and kissed his forehead. She looked at him for a minute, then she turned to leave the room. She saw Dax standing in the doorway. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Thank you." Dax said.

"No need to thank me, it's my job."

"Well, thank you for letting me take you out."