The Couch

"I was just about to knock on your door." Dax said.

"Why?" Isabella asked with a slight grin.

"I could ask you the same thing." Dax chuckled "Please come in."

"Um..." Isabella hesitated.

"I won't bite, I promise." Dax replied motioning for her to come in.

"So why are you up so late Dax?"

"I just can't sleep I have a lot of things on my mind."

"Like what?"

Dax looked at her for a moment then began to answer her question. "I have to set up living arraignments for the expansion, I need to call someone to go over floor plans, but the most important thing on my list is figuring out where I should take you for dinner." He smiled.

"Dax, why do you want to go on a date with me anyway?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Dax countered.

"No." Isabella said confused.

"You're the smartest, most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and I'd like to get to know you so much better."

"I'm not beautiful." Isabella said hanging her head.

"Yes you are. And any one who says that you aren't is crazy."

Then Ian must be really mental because he told her that everyday.

Isabella stayed silent.

"Hey pick your head up, I want to see those beautiful eyes." Dax said lifting her chin with his hand. "Come on we can watch The Big Bang Theory."

Isabella smiled at his attempt to cheer her up. Isabella sat on the edge of the bed while Dax stretched out on the bed. He noticed that she looked awkward sitting like that. He wanted to be close to her. He sat up and tugged on her arm. She crawled to the head of the to sit beside him.

They watched television for two hours. At one thirty Dax looked over and Isabella was fast sleep. He turned the television off. Then he put a blanket on top of Isabella and grabbed one for himself. He opened the door,walked down stairs and  lied down on the couch.

She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. She looks beautiful twenty-four seven, and she doesn't even realize it . Dax thought to himself. He went to sleep thinking about Isabella that night, and he slept better than he had in a long time.

Isabella woke up well rested and confused. She realized she was in Dax's room but Dax was no where to be found. She ran down the stairs looking for him when she saw him sleeping on the couch in the living room.

Her mouth dropped open. Isabella walked over to Dax to sit down on the couch. She slightly shook him to wake him up.

"Dax why are you on the couch?" she asked.

"Well you fell asleep in my bed, and you were sleeping so peacefully and I just didn't want to wake you." he said.

"I would've gone back to my room if you had woken me up."

"It's fine, did you sleep well?"

"Did you sleep well, this couch couldn't have been comfortable."

"Mhm,  it was alright. I should go get ready for work."

"Okay, um...have a good day." Isabella smiled."

"Hey if you need anything today don't hesitate to call me, my number is by the phone. Speaking of phones we'll have to get you a cell phone so I can reach you."

"I'll get one my first pay check." Isabella assured him.

"It's fine I will.''

And with that Dax left the room. About and hour later Dax was rushing to leave he was trying to get his coffee and briefcase together before he realized he wasn't wearing a tie.

"Damn it!" He cursed.

"Did you say something Daddy?" Dylan asked.

"No son."

"Looking for this?" Isabella asked walking over with his tie. "It was on the staircase." she stated.

"Can you tie it for me, please?" Dax asked.

"Of course."

Isabella walked over to Dax and began to tie it for him.

"Just calm down Dax. Everything will be fine." Isabella said.

"You're right." He replied watching her tie his tie. He smiled at her because everything she did made him more and more infatuated with her.

"All done. Have a good day at work."

"You too." he replied "Dylan, buddy be good for Bella okay? Daddy is going to be late tonight so I might not be able to read you a bed time story."

"But Daddy!" Dylan exclaimed.

"Dylan I'll read you a story." Isabella said.

"Really?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah." Isabella said with a smile.

"Okay." Dylan said in a more calm tone.

"I'll see you later." Dax said hugging Dylan. Then he stood up and Isabella gave him a quick hug. And after that he was out the door.

She went into the kitchen to make her and Dylan some breakfast when she saw a piece of paper on the refrigerator. She picked it up and began to read it:

Isabella,

I left you a gift in my closet, but please do not open it until Dylan is asleep. I hope that you like it, I'd like for you to wear it on our dinner date.

-Dax

Isabella began to smile, what could he have possibly gotten for her. She put the letter down and rushed up the stairs. Isabella checked in Dylan's room to make sure he was okay. He was just playing with one of his toy airplanes. So she kept walking until she got into Dax's room. She walked to his closet and opened the door. She looked down to see a box on the floor, and the was another letter on top. She also began to read that.

I said when Dylan is asleep.

She smiled at her defeat. She went into the kitchen to finish making breakfast. She couldn't wait to see what Dax had gotten her.

AN: So i have 131 reads at the moment and i just start writing earlier this week and im soooooooooo happy about that i hope you enjoyed this chapter

xoxo pinktie