THE END OF US

On the following week, the school seemed to have forgotten some of the girls' fight, they were all talking again about the attacks and how annoying it was to be escorted everywhere.Oliver and Hydra continued in the same annoying way, barely speaking.One night, while studying in the common room, Hydra noticed that after the room was almost empty, close to Hydra was only Oliver, who, as always, was writting Quidditch tactics on a parchment, he seemed never to have given up of a miracle that would bring the Quidditch season back. After he had finally finished all his work, Hydra looked at him impatiently:- Oliver, have you noticed that we have not talked to each other for months? - Hydra tried not to show her impatience and fear. Oliver set aside his parchment and spoke in a sad voice:- You're right, I have not been a good company, in fact I have not been a good anything actually, much less boyfriend...- Oh, that's okay, I understand what's going on... - Hydra lied, her heart pounding, she seemed to sense something bad was about to happen.- No, you don't understand, and you don't have to, it's not fair to you, it's not fair to anyone, but I cannot lie and pretend it's everything okay anymore. - His voice was nervous and serious.- I know that Quidditch is everything to you and that it's horrible not to being able to finally win the cup this year. - Hydra's voice sounded a little desperate, in the end, her feeling for Oliver was still strong, unless stronger than she thought it was, as she felt afraid of the words he would say next.- Yes, exactly, Quidditch is very important to me, and it was a mistake not to have noticed it before and to let you getting hurt... - He paused and seemed to swallow the words, Hydra's eyes were already there Full of tears. - We can not go on like this, I really like you, I really love you, I think I'll always love you, believe me, you were the first real girlfriend that I had and it could not have been better, but we cannot continue our relationship, for your own good, it's not fair to you, Hydra, I can never be the boyfriend you deserve, not now anyway...

It was as if Oliver had crossed a dagger in her chest, Hydra felt tears in his face, but tried desperately not to sob in front of Oliver. 

 - It's not true, Oliver, I love you, you're good for me,  you are! - She said as if she was crying, she noticed that Oliver's eyes were also reddish. 

- It's the best for the both of us, I know it might not seems like now, but in time you'll probably see, maybe we can be together one day, maybe another time... but now we need this, Hydra. 

 Hydra wanted to beg him not to speak anymore, every word was as if another stab was given, she closed her eyes for a few seconds to stop the tears from falling from her eyes. 

- Please, Oliver, don't do this... - It was the only thing she could say. 

 - You were wonderful to me, always was, I'm sorry for everything I have done... - Oliver gave a kiss on hercheek, Hydra did not know how long she could take without sobbing desperately.

 - Why are you doing this? Was it something I did? - She asked, tears streaming down her face.

 - No, of course not The problem is me, just me, I'm not good for you Hydra, I think  that deep down, you know this... - Oliver wiped the tears from Hydra's eyes, which made her feel even worse.

 - Is not true...

 - Yes it is, Hydra, look, you may not see now, but I know maybe someday you will and I want us to remain friends, I really want... 

 - Oliver, let me be alone now, please...

 Oliver sighed, but nodded and gave a new kiss on her cheek , cold from the  tears that he had dried, then climbed up, disappearing down the spiral staircase leading to the boys' bedroom.  

The room was already completely empty, so as soon as Oliver went away, Hydra wept wildly, sobbing for what seemed like hours. She thought about all the moments they had together, in everything that would not exist now anymore, she felt a desire to disappear, that all this was just a bad dream and not real, that she would wake up and have Oliver, smiling, in love, againby her side.