Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Lane drove me home. he drove me back to our home but what surprised me instead of the modern glass loping architecture of a house was a two floored family house. it was big like a mansion and it also resembled my Dad’s house but it was different. 

I look nervously back at Lane. “What happened?”

he sheepishly smiles at me “I got a little bit dark when you slipped in to coma. I trashed the whole house and the only thing that remained was the frame of the house so I thought might as well build a new one.” he put the hand brakes on and slowly raises his hand then touched the end of my hair. “We didn't really have any good memories in the old house, so i had it demolished and i thought new memories”

I wondered if he took out the things as well about his parents. I wanted to ask him but I was actually scared that it might ruin what we have right now. i took his hand and put my fingers through is. 

“I like that” I smiled. also I too want to forget, about the kidnaping and the pain and the loneliness but at least I have him “I really really like that”

he smirks. “Then I beter show you to our new room”

our hands hesitatingly lets go of each other and though it felt cold I just climb out of the car immediately so i can touch his hand again. when i look up I think he was thinking the same thing as we looked at each other across the hood of the car. 

he raises his hand and i took it. “Come on little mate”

we walk hand in hand in the house. the porch had a lot of space it even has two swings. the shutters were blue and the house was white. I watched as lane opened the door with a key with one hand and opens it for me.

“Welcome to our new home” Lane says.

We get in and I gasp. everything was new. I smiled proudly at him “I guess you know how to decorate a house”

“I know a lot of things” he tugs me closer to him, our bodies touching each other. it was a bit hard to match his strides. he notices it and slows down. “Sorry got a little excited”

“I noticed” I put my hand on his shoulders. “Try relaxing a little, I’m here, I’m not leaving”

he smiles “Yeah, sorry”

I kiss his cheek. “Now come and show me the new house” gone was the cold exterior of the house but was replaced with a homey hearth. it was a house meant to be lived with a family, with kids. the idea of it should've made me uncomfortable but no. “this is a lot of room”

Lane made a knowing look “you already know why”

I laugh. “Take it easy, we’re still on high school”

he shrugs “If we wait to graduate it would’ve been too long besides its been two years Nina, I already graduated and you’re still a junior.”

“that’s the point, I’m still a junior after two years of sleeping, wait until I graduate…”

“highschool”

“College”

he groans “that’d been too long”

“Then this would've been too young” i point to the both of us

he pursed his lips and smiles. he put his arms around me again and put me so close to him. “I missed this” he says leaning in to me, our foreheads touching.

“Missed what? a female presence?” i smirk

he chuckles. his breath hitting me and I could smell the mint in it. I missed him too even though i was just sleeping, but my body missed him. “I missed…you arguing with me because at least you would’ve been awake… alive”

I smiled “And I’m here now”

“I know, I know”

“So where’s your office?” 

“My office? It’s in the library”

i gasp “We have a library?!”

he laughs. “I knew you’d react that way”

“Come on! lead me there!” 

he pulled me to the library which was on the second floor to the right. it might be bigger than the one in my old house and it was amazing. 

“New home, New life” I whispered.

“New everything” he says. 

the sun was dipping and here in the library there was a window that overlooked the sun that was starting to set. this is what i Used to wish to see in the window from the old library. where I just sit on the window seat and sit on the plush pillows while curling on a book. that part of me felt so long ago. I couldn't believe it’s been two years. 

“Wait I have a good idea!” I say. 

“What?”

“We should invite Luke, Nala and Kaylee to dinner!”

“then that’s awful” he scowls.

“And why is that?” 

“Because I want to spend my time with you”

“It’ll be like a welcome home dinner, please after it we can spend time with each other!” 

Lane smiles “I like the idea of that.”

So we made plans, we would have dinner tomorrow night and I made the whole evening to plan. Lane participated but mostly watched as he sulked. 

“this was supposed to be alone time” he whines. 

he sounded like a brat but a very hot and cute one. “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah”

finally my life was calm now. I’m happy, Lane is sort of happy at the moment and no more complications no more masks just true delight.What more could I hope for?

You Do know guys this is the part where I do something awful? 

heheheheh sorry for the super late update stay tuned for the next chapter heheheheh

sorry I'm turning  devillsh ehhehehe