Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When I woke up, I felt sore all over. I manage to open my eyes only to close it again from the glare of the sun. I groan and manage to lazily rasie my arm over my eyes to block the light. I feel someone breathing beside me and that’s when all the memories came back to me. Lane bit me! I angrily sit up but hissed inwardly at the speed and my soreness haven’t ceased.

“I’m sorry” Lane says from beside me.

I roll my eyes. “what did you do this time?” I turn to look at him and I gasped at his beauty. I felt my heart tightened at the sight of him half naked beside me. one arm behind his head as he casually looks at me. he was wearing striped pajamas. I feel butterflies in my stomach at the sight of him. but I tried to stop myself on showing it.

“I marked you” he says brushing the hair on my shoulder where he bit me. “But I haven’t fully mated so you can't go far its supposed to feel good while having sex but… I had to do it to make sure”

I fingered the red flesh. “To make sure what?”

“Every time we get too far to each other our hearts would slowly cease to beat” he says. his beautiful long lashes looks up at me. it made me wonder how could I run away from him?

the idea of being close to him seems so good to me. but why do I feel like its too good to be true? I look at him. “what is it you’re hiding from me?”

he moves to sit up and he run his hand through his hair. “Let’s not talk about this” he moves away and went to the bathroom. just by this distance I feel my heart throb painfully in my chest.

I gripped my chest. but this was the only time I was able to study where I was. the bed was a four poster king size bed with white Egyptian sheets and thick comforters. I turn to the room which was a simple yet big room. there was a couch facing a TV and below the Plasma TV was an Xbox and a Wii just above the mantel  of the fireplace. there was a row of windows on my left overlooking the—no surprise—the school but with a large distance because the house was in a slope of a hill. on my right was three black double doors with silver knobs. one Lane entered and the other two I don’t know.

below the bed was Persian carpet and black marble. this Guy was loaded more than my family. my family…Luke. I jump to my feet and knock on the door in the middle where he went and I hear running water.

“What?” he asks

“what did you do with Luke?” I ask

I hear the shower turn off. “he experience a day of punishment in the dungeon not a week the other punishment were left alone as it is.” he says before turning it on again.

I sigh in relief as I return back under the sheets and close my eyes. I keep scratching the healing bite but it still hurt. I rub it while I close my eyes. I remember the pain it felt like needles simultaneously dug in my skin.

I turn to the bathroom. what will happen to us now?

I began to move since I have to. I have to move. I went outside the black marble cold on my feet. when I opened the door I could only go straight. slowly as I walk the hall, there were family pictures but more of Kaylee and Lane in their childhood to their teenage years. but none of their parents. My parents died the words echoing in my head.

how old was he when they died? I began to wonder and walk further until the hall (I haven’t passed a single other door) ends in to an archway to the kitchen dining room and living room. just ahead was the front door. but I studied the modern black silver and white motif of the house. my stomach growled and I began looking at the fridge and at the cabinets and so far I took out eggs bacon and searched some rice which I saw on the top cabinet and I was like Really? top cabinet what if the ten kilo rice fell?