Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I always thought my stepbrother's friends were weird and... hot. Every time they came over they were just muscled and energetic and very loud. Even though I have a bit of a crush on them, I can't act on it due to my fear of love and anything that will form strong ties which automatically mean it has a chance to kill me.

But there is this one friend of Luke that scares me, he has those piercing green eyes that when in just one glare you could cower down in fear. His name was Lane, his hair was pitch black and long past his eyebrows and sometimes he'll braid it tribal like. He walks with the air of superiority and you can't help but duck. Though hot I avoid him a lot, I saw him once and I felt like I was struck with lightning of emotions and just avoided him in the recently renovated big house or I go out when they're here. It's pretty easy to know if he's here, he wears chains so I can hear him.

It's hard to explain why they're weird, they just are. The way they talk about "Pack" or sometimes "Alpha" when I accidentally stumble on them in his room or in the living room with Mama. but today was no different. I have holed myself in my room while I hear his friends playing video games in the gameroom. Dad is probably in the library so I decided to go to the library. We were not this rich before but when Dad married Mama or Luke's Mom, she gives him money which would usually hurt Dad's pride but he seems to love her so much his pride was nonexistent.

I hear moaning and groaning in the bathroom. It's crazy to admit but I was curious. I walk silently to the bathroom and opened it to see Lane with his jeans down to his knees and a girl without any underwear or jeans. I blushed feeling a wave of emotions again upon seeing him. Lane growls and snap his angry glare at me with the girl glaring at me, as well. 

"Sorry! Wrong room--I mean bathroom" I stumbled on my words. I was stupid.

I turn, closing the door behind me and continued to walk to the library. The library was like my sanctuary. Everyone knows that if the doors are locked from the inside, me and Dad doesn't want to be disturbed. When I got in, Nala was even there reading the book in another language.

My sister is cool but it's just that she's an opposite of me. I do what is right and she does what she thinks is right. My dream is to be an Activist and her dream is to be an Ambassador on the country she studied in. But I know she's more mom than me because she's more beautiful. She was sitting on the chair by the table in the library which was the biggest place in the house. The library has two floors and was filled with endless books and this was our safe haven.

Dad is a writer and Nala have finished her degree on political science and was now taking law in the other country. Her hair is mahogany just like mom, it goes to waves and thick, she also has laugh lines and a cupids bow as lips. her blue eyes looks like the ocean and she has tan skin which used to be fair.

My hair was black and my lips are full and always mistaken to be pouting which is annoying. I have fair skin and black eyes, completely and utterly normal. Nala smiles at me putting down her book which I read Noli Me Tangere which meant "Touch me not"

"Hey sis" I hug "Welcome back"

"Yeah, well, I'm not sure if I am but now you're here, I am glad I'm back"

I smile and kissed her cheek before sitting beside her. "where's Dad"

"in the study" she sighs. "So what's the news?"

"nothing new just same old same old"

she looks at me softly and holds my hand. "Are you okay? I mean is luke okay to you?"

"Why are you always doing that? he doesn't hurt me sis, he's a very good brother"

she sighs in relief "Just making sure"