Chapter 24

Chapter 24

it's been days almost a week and I can't just look at myself or anyone anymore. I felt cold numb and stupid and useless. I wanted to kill myself or just die at this moment. but there was no escaping. Luke is dead and I have to live with that. I close my eyes as Kaylee guards over me fearing that I'd run out of the church. Since they killed Luke they were still there. outside the church watching and guarding us. Lane was nowhere and he stopped talking to me. I stopped talking as well too. I couldn't get any words out of my mouth and couldn't...just couldn't.

It's been six days close to a week and Lane was still not talking to me. I felt so alone and in pain. Luke was gone and I wonder how sad his mate would be. I hug myself and cry to myself again as I remember how his head tumbled down and blood rushed out of his severed neck. it haunts me still. I can still remember all of his promises and I regret that I am so weak. I couldn't protect him. Why couldn't I protect him? I'm human that's why.

Where are You Lane? I say through our bond but it's like screaming on the top of the mountain now. it just echoes and tumbles around.

Then I needed to look at their faces. I stand and Kaylee just follows behind me as I look out the window. there was blood that stained the road but there were no police and authorities and I wondered why.

"Why is there no police coming?" I ask

"Every human authority knows we exist but they don't meddle as long as no human gets hurt. when personnel of the police or any government quits or get fired they go through a witch to make them forget what they know about us. there would be a cleaning crew to all supernatural fights like what's left but only after it passes"

Luke's body was dragged to someplace and I wanted to run to get it but they were still there. waiting for something, maybe waiting for me. his head was also tucked away. There was only blood on the street and no cars or people used this street.

"Where is Lane?" I say.

"He has a plan, Nina. don't worry" Kaylee says

"Why do you sound so sure?"

"Because he has to" She looks behind her and we see the tired and exhausted werewolves that miss their mates who were outside waiting for something as well. "We're his pack, and the pack takes care of each other"

I grab myself trying to stop myself from shaking but it just intensifies as Kaylee puts a jacket on my shoulders. "let's wait for him, besides there's a full moon tomorrow"

"then what does that mean?" I ask.

"in a full moon, there is just something that comes to life in us while they get weaker" she stares at the Fanatics who was sitting there talking t themselves.

What I learned from watching is that they have tattoos that looks so tribe like and red. Kaylee says it wasn't red ink but blood. when they put their masks down and hood it made me gasp on how beautiful they looked, how flawless their faces was. Kaylee says it's because Satan was once a beautiful angel and they need that beauty to allure some humans.

"But it's an illusion" Kaylee says.

"what do you mean?" I ask

"Try throwing holy water on them and see how far they aged, how ugly they've become. Werewolves gets younger when they shift but Fanatics doesnt shift fully wolf, they ignored their wolf a long time ago but instead they only took what they need to kill, the claws the teeth the super senses and strength. Youth but it doesnt mean that they'd stay young and look young but only young in body."

"So you can't actually call them werewolves anymore" I say

"yeah, they're something else now, that's why we call them Fanatics" then as if they heard their name, they look up with their beautiful eyes and model like faces to meet my eyes. I look away but I could still feel their stare.