Chapter 16

Chapter 16

When it was the start of the games I watched on the sidelines. I was alone apparently no one doesn’t want to come near me because I was the Alpha’s mate and I wasn’t that liked, to them I was the one who stopped Cindy’s entertaining punishment, I was the annoying human mate who ran away from their beloved Alpha, and I was the supposed Alpha Female, untouchable but not the traditional kind who was ordering people around and demanding. but by the way they talk about it made it sound like they wanted an Alpha female like that.

I was constantly on the players bleachers, the prop of the Alpha. when he was bench for reasons he intentionally do so that he can sit down and pull me to his lap which may look like it was sweet and adorable for a couple but was uncomfortable with me because I felt like he was just doing it for show.

I don’t mind the sweat because when we were Kids Luke used to hug me even if he was disgusting and filthy so it was no surprise to me when Lane puts an heavy sweaty arm on my shoulders as he whispered sweet things in my ear, that I liked but the way he throws his head back on the bench and sneaking a glance at the audience, I didn’t like. but all I could do was accept everything  he did because I couldn’t scream at him because…

I love him.

also it was already my personality to be the one hurting rather than the other party. I know it’s ridiculous to be so blind but isn’t that the point of loving a person? isn’t that the point I was scared of being in love at first? that I have to love every flaw of that man, it was scary and vulnerable and weak and exposed all the things I don’t like because it was out of control and out of sorts.

Lane whispered that he was going to get back in the game. I turn away from him and slump back at the bench.

are you okay? a voice whispered and I realized it was Lane.

 I look up at him his eyes showed concern and disgust and appreciation rolled in me. I turn to look away “Nothing” I whispered dejectedly. I feel him walk away and I took a drink on his water.

I wondered about Nala, how happy she looked with her own mate. she didn’t look vulnerable and disappointed at all unlike me. I feel like my heart was failing. I was failing. I look around and in the gym, it was packed with people, Luke was playing too. I decided, I need a breath of fresh air.

I stood and walk out the doors. I blocked Lane out of my mind and unwind on a bench just close to the Gym. I lean back, the cold air and bright moonlight comforted me but didn’t heal the ar raging inside me, it simply made me think of it even harder.

my phone rings. I answered.

“Baby?”

I smile at the voice. “Nala?”

she laughs, like the relief sisterly laugh she always give me. “Well, who else my baby sis?”

I close my eyes listening to her smooth voice that made everything forgotten for today, the troubled gone for minutes that made our talk last. “sis” my voice broke.

“Oh no, what happened?”

I tell her because that’s who I am I try to tell other people the pain I have anything to lighten the load in this masochistic heart. I hear her words, those words that tried to comfort me but only made me feel bad because I feel like I was running home to mommy.

“Shh, you know I was always jealous of you”

I was surprised, so much that I stopped crying. Nala? jealous of me? the perfect Nala who do things with Grace and elegance because she loved ballet, Nala the one who was a genius beyond belief that she graduated at the top of her class, Nala the popular and beautiful nice Nala who could fill a mall of adoring men. this Nala jealous of me? “What?”