Chapter 7

Chapter  7

We had it all set up. Me and Nala were going to run away with Antonia and Manny(My Dad) not knowing or Lane. my life here was ending and I wanted to start anew. Antonia and Manny were not allowed to be close to me and that’s thanks to Luke who will come with us because Lane would be in a bloody rage he’ll hurt even his Beta and I don’t care what he’ll do to my parents. we already packed and stashed it in Nala’s car. we were going today, three days ago was when I knew the truth.

Mom was killed by Antonia because it was a hidden secret in the werewolf world that when a werewolf kills a mated person may it be human or werewolf they could exchange mates by taking the mate of the deceased person. Antonia lost her mate and was in desperate need and took advantage of her and mom’s friendship by taking away her life and her family. Dad saw her claw Mom to death but couldn’t do anything since the mating bond was already changed, to Antonia.

I couldn’t face Antonia or Manny for three days, I was on a fast track in to turning in to my sister. tonight was Manny and Antonia’s date night while we’ll run away to the nearest airport that was already boarding and for the next few hours we’ll be free.

I was in the living room when I hear the click and clack of Antonia’s high heels. I hear Manny clear his throat behind me but I dindt glance back at him

“We’re going” he says.

I didn’t look at him but continued to watch the news. a quilt over my clothes to hide that I’m not wearing pajama’s. I hear the door close and the engine of the car speed up. I hear Nala and Luke run down the stairs.

“Are they gone?” Luke asks

I throw the quilt away and look out of the window there was no trace of them “Nope, they’re gone”

“Let’s go” Nala says wearing her jacket and taking her keys.

we took the rest of our belongings and hurried to the car. Luke sold his car for extra money which didn’t cause any red flags to anyone since Luke always needs money. we reach the airport since we didn’t want to look suspicious and since it’s also cliché for people to wear hoods to hide, we wore normal airport clothes.

before we know it, we were in the gates. I hurried with my suitcase we walk and turn over our shoulder like there were people chasing us knowing our situation there might as well be. when we finally reached our seats that’s when we let out a sigh of relief.

“Are you okay?” Nala asks

I nodded. “yeah, exhausted but fine”

Luke looks around the window since he was in the window seat. “Nobody seems to be following us”

“Let’s wait until the plane flies.” Nala says.

when it did all I could think was the freedom, Oh the freedom but then a reeling pain knocked me out of my thoughts. I gasp as I gripped on Nala’s hand who was beside me. it feel like someone punched me in the gut.

“It’s okay relax its just the mating bond” Nala explains as she takes out a handkerchief and wipes the sweat that started rolling down my face. “the mating bond would get used to it so don’t worry, everything would be fine”

Luke who was on my other side holds my hand. “Nina, it’s fine, it’ll pass”

I stifled a scream as I feel my eyes roll back. then I passed out.

-

-

the pain stopped when we landed and Luke wake me up. it was hot that I had to change to a thinner shirt. then when we got out of the plane and to the arrival area I finally have some people who was not taller than me rather I was at normal height. there was a Tall American man with a cardboard sign with Nala’s name on it.