#1

"Charlotte do you have all your things packed?"
"Yep mum!"
"It's gonna be cold in Sweden sweetheart, did you bring some hoodies?"
"I did mom, don't worry now.. let's go to sleep, our flight is at 7 am tomorrow"
And with that, my mom left my room, not before giving me a kiss on my cheek and turning the lights off.
Hi, I am Charlotte, I am 18 years old and I live in London. My mom is from London and my dad is from Milan, a city in Italy. They met at university in Sweden and stayed together ever since then. While they were in Sweden, my dad had a friend that started dating my mom's best friend. These two are now married with a son and tomorrow we are flying over there so that we could spend the whole summer over there. The only thing I was looking forward to was visiting Sweden. I believe that is one of the best countries in the entire world and I just think it's so cool. Anyway, 3 months is a lot of time, since I should be practicing with my band, since in September we are leaving for LA.. oh ye, I have a Band. We are called Busted and we are pretty much from all over Europe: I am Italian, as I was born in Italy and lived there 15 years of my life before moving to London; Mark, the guitarist, is from Liverpool; Josh, the Keyboarder, is from Ireland; Josh, the drummer is from Norway and Simon, the bassist, is from Denmark. Yes, I am also in a Band full of boys, which is quite funny, but most of the time I miss someone I could talk to. My best friend, Shannon, lives in the same neighborhood as mine, but we never get to see each other cause her parents always travel and she has to follow them.
This is my story. Now I should probably be going to sleep or we will loose our flight tomorrow morning.

*the morning after*

"CHARLOTTE PLEASE WAKE UP OR WE'LL BE LATE"
Yep, that is my dad screaming from the other side of my door not knowing that I am all dressed up and ready to go..
I get up from my bed and leave the room closing carefully the door behind. My mom reaches the top of the stairs and helps me with the luggages and we get into the car ready to head to the airport. Once we arrive there, we pay the taxi and get into the building, follow all the steps and we eventually get into a plane. I send my last text to Shannon, that is currently in Germany for a few weeks, and then I turn my phone off, ready to take off and see a new country in a couple of hours.