#16

*SKIP IN TIME*
CHARLOTTE's POV

Today is supposed to be the happiest day of my life but everything seems to go wrong. Today I am getting married with Gabe. We've now been dating for 5 years and we couldn't be happier to be together. Since Gabe wants everything to be perfect, we are getting married in a Gothic Church in Sweden. That has been my dream since I was little and I told Gabe maybe once or twice when we first started dating and he remembered it for all of this time. But of course, me being me I have to be so unlucky. It's raining, meaning that I will have to walk in the mud. The dress is a bit large even if I've been to the stylist literally 4 days ago to get everything sorted. Most of our friends told us they are not coming cause "Sweden is too far". I am so mad at this cause we literally will pay for the plane tickets and for the hotel and people still managed to find an excuse not to come. Of course my best friend Shannon couldn't stay away from me for too much time haha. She is doing my hair and my make up. She is also going to be the maid of honor! My whole band and their husbands (yep, I'm the latest one haha) are here. My parents and my grandma are here. Oh, and the boys. Other than that, the others are all Gabe's friends/relatives. I am not mad at anyone, cause when I decided to get married in Sweden I knew that some people would have said no. But I am still mad cause at least they could have tried to make it. The ceremony begins at 11, but everyone knows that the bride has to be a little late. I am nearly ready, I only miss my shoes and I notice that it's five minutes to 11. The church is 10 minutes away from here with the car, so I'll only be 10 minutes late. I get all my stuff ready and get in the car. Once we arrive, I see my dad outside the church waiting for me. Shannon kisses me on the cheek and rushes into the church, while I get down slowly. I am so so so nervous. It has stopped raining now and someone put a carpet so that I could keep my dress white for a little bit longer. I smile to my dad that smiles back at me before hugging me.
"I am so proud of you baby girl. You made the right choice deciding to marry Gabriel. I love you"
"I love you too dad"
And with that I enter the church. As soon as I step in, everyone turns around and I see Gabe at the end of isle. He looks amazing. While walking towards him, I keep my eyes on him smiling and hiding some tears. He tries to do the same but fails. I giggle and as I arrive I hug him tight.
"Don't cry already, it's gonna be a long day" I whisper in his hear and he smiles. The celebration starts and after nearly two hours, me and Gabe are proclaimed husband and wife.
After that, we all head to the place in which our wedding lunch was held. It was a nice villa, but nothing too big. I think I didn't say it before, but Gabe choose and organized everything except for my dress. I wanted to surprise him and he wanted to prove me that he knows me enough to marry me. We head to the place and everyone sits down. We eat and it's soon time for the speeches. I start.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming today. I wanna thank my parents and Gabe's parents, because we met thanks to them. Without you we wouldn't be here today. I want to thank Gabriel's parents for raising such a lovely guy. I want to thank my band mates for being with me for the past 5 years and helping me with the wedding, I love you all. I wanna thank Shannon for sticking with me for my whole life. Hopefully we will continue sticking together. And last but not least, I want to thank my soul mate. The one that now I get to call my husband. Thank you for sticking with me through everything. I love you."
With this we kiss and it's now Gabe's turn to speak.
"First of all, thanks to my parents. You are my inspiration everyday. We've had a great life together and now that I am going to start my own family, I hope to be as good as you taught me to be. Thank you to Charlotte's parents for being amazing and giving me the permission to marry your amazing daughter. Thank you to my band mates. You know you rule. And now, it's time to talk about you." He says turning to me. I already feel the tears forming in my eyes. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. When I first saw you, sat at that table back in my house in Gothenburg I knew you were the one. We've been through so much and we will go through a lot more, but always together. I know that you are going to be the best wife the world has ever witnessed and hopefully one day mother. Now I wanna ask to all the presents to raise your glasses for my splendid wife"
I start crying, I get up and hug Gabe. He hugs me back before getting the glass and drink the wine.
It's now time for the first dance. I don't know what song has Gabe chosen, so I am a bit scared but at the same time relaxed. We reach the middle of the room and "Say you won't let go" starts playing. I spend the whole time smiling and looking in his eyes. In the last lines of the song, in which James Arthur sings "I promise till death we part, like in our vows", Gabe sings the lyrics softly in my hears. I smile and I kiss him. After the dance, the party continues and it's soon time to throw the bouquet. I decide not to throw the flowers, but I give them to Shan, I make her turn around to face Sean who was on one knee proposing to her. She starts crying and says yes. The party continues till the first lights of the morning.