From one war to the next

A/N: yes it's almost eight where I'm at. But I was up at four because we are heading out of town. At the time I'm writing this I am on the road in a trailer being towed by my truck, because, it's roomy. So, since I was bored here you go, A little early treat.

It's been a few days since the Grimm invasion. Eta took residence in the ship as the ships AI, that traitor. The military has pushed back the Grimm and have secured what is left of the city, and I, have just placed a three-hundred fifty page report on the desk of my captain. It makes an audible thud as it hits his desk. "You know, Spartan, I've always envied how quickly you guys can do something like this." He says as he brushes the corner of the pages with his thumb. "What's the situation?" I asked, he stands and walks around the desk. "Well, the cities secure, no thanks to the help of your Atlas friend." I shake my head, "he's no friend of mine, sir." "Hmm. I see, well yes there's that and now he's telling us to pull out and go back from where we came from." I shake my head again, "well we can't just hand over the city to another leader, especially a dictator." He nods, "yes, I know. Don't worry we won't, at least not till this Ozpin is found. Until then, glynda Goodwitch has taken the position and has kindly let us do what we need." I stop him, "glynda? The cranky mage? That's a first." "Hmm. Is that so? Plus, the doc isn't done with her work. We can get here but have no idea how to get back. When we got your request she wanted everything to do with it and even had this ship, the unlimited, an infinity class super carrier, created from volunteers. Ever since we've gotten the engineers to side with us, we've been able to build more and more ships with ease." "Sounds like the UNSC is winning." He lets out a quick laugh. "For now."

"What's the personnel on board?" He begins walking around, "well, we have twenty three other Spartans, with you that makes twenty four. Enough for a war zone in the war games. Besides maintenance personnel for the ship, other Combatants would be your ODSTs and marines. I'll give you an official count soon. We didn't take any losses in the battle due to the weakness of the enemies. Even the marines felt badass." After some more talking and handing the science team some dust to study, I eventually head back to remnant from the ship and am confronted by the general. "What the hell is the meaning of this?" "Sir you're going to have to be more specific I don't have time for your guessing games." He glares at me red from anger. "You know what I'm talking about! This!" He points to the marines. "Why have you not pulled out like I've asked you to?" I step off the door of the pelican. "Because, we feel that giving the control over a whole kingdom to another leader, a dictator at that, just let that float there for a sec, would be a very bad idea. We will defend the kingdom until A, Ozpin is found and is ready to take back the kingdom, or B, miss goodwhich, who has taken temporary control tells us to leave. Until then you can deal with our presence or leave."

"I'll give you three days, three, for your men to pull out, after that, you'll be considered an invading enemy." I walk up to him, standing just over half a foot taller then him. "I'm trembling in my boots." I whisper before walking away. After that, the atlas military pulled out by the next day. I alerted the captain and glynda about the threat and helped set up various defense points all while repairing the residence area of the city. Glynda simply asked us to help keep the kingdom safe. Soon people started to return hearing about the astonishing speed of the repairs and the chance to meet people from another world with the ability to travel in and out of the atmosphere. Soon weird rumors started to spread, even for us. The population quickly got comfortable again especially the faunas, who realized they only fascinated the soldiers and the females attracted lots of attention from the male soldiers because their animal features made them that much cuter. Every now and then you'd see a girl running with her ears covering their eyes, red with embarrassment after she gave a note to a young soldier who helped rebuild something of hers or, was just attractive. Had to make sure my men keep their pants up while on duty. By the third day most of the residence was rebuilt, only a fourth still under construction. Most buildings weren't too destroyed allowing repairs to be done quickly. Shops were reopening and the economy was rolling again. Team NEON still stuck around, helping the soldiers with various mission, whether it was reconstruction, clearing out pockets of Grimm, or medical help. It seems that they have attracted a lot of attention from the various personnel becoming well known.   

And on the fourth day, it was business as normal, no Atlas military and the support for the "other worlders" only rose. Due to the friendliness, fairness, equality, and the help they've provided. I believe the General realized he couldn't win, that is until the fifth when he arrived with a single ship. He requested to talk to me and I decided to entertain him. "You've been given more time then I originally planed so that you could finish rebuilding the kingdom. Now I ask you and your men to pull out or you will be asking for all out war." I leaned in and supported myself on the desk between us. "Tell you what, I'll tell my captain not to use the ship, Unlimited, in orbit that's about half the size of this kingdom. That way, if you really do want war, it won't be as much of a slaughter. I do hope you have the robotics, because we do have the technology." I turned around and gave a sloppy wave as I left.

Later that day there was a speech from the captain taking place in front of the academy. He introduced a statue of professor Ozpin and one of the students that died trying to save the cctv, Pyrrha, was her name. On the statue she was crouched shield in hand with her sword sitting on top of it pointing to whoever was in front of it. Behind her stood Ozpin, tall and proud with his cane directly in front of him and a hand on Pyrrha's shoulder. "Now for something not as honorable. It seems, even with what we have done to help the kingdom of vale, the general ironwood of atlas doesn't want us to do so and intends on destroying everything we have rebuilt for you. So I ask you, if he wants war, are you willing to let us defend your kingdom, your lives, family, and friends? We are not asking or demanding that you join this fight. You are free to sit back and let us handle this. All I'm asking is for your support to go through with this war, or should we let Atlas take over. It is your choice." At first the people were confused, they never had the chance to say whether to go to war. But eventually people started to speak up. "I'll join!" One yelled, "if it's for our kingdom, why let someone else fight for us. I will fight along side you." After that the whole crowd got fired up all yelling, "for our kingdom!" The captain smiled. "You'll have two choices if you do intend on joining the war. One, join the combat school that stands in honor of the saviors of your kingdom. Or two, learn from the military that wants to keep balance to your world." After that people only got even more fired up. The chance to join the "other worlders" in their military seemed like a dream come true to them.

"So I ask you this General, do you really want to go through with this?"

A/N: I'd like to thank @AngelRider23 for the idea of going to war with Atlas. And thus, the story will continue as so. Let me know what you think.