The problamatic cave

"So what are you doing here?" I look over to see Naomi sitting in a seat. "What are you doing here?" She stands up. "I saw you leaving in your armor so I wanted to know where you were going. Then you got In this and I got even more curious then I already was." I could only sigh at her explanation. "So again, what are you doing here?" I pull my SMG off my leg and walk out of the pelican. "I'm here to gather data on how to fight the Grimm. How they move, how they react, and how they work together." She follows. "Oh oh, I can help with that." I quickly spin and stare her down. "No, you're going to stay here and don't go anywhere. You weren't supposed to be with me in the first place and if you got hurt I would get in trouble with Ozpin for taking you here." I push her back into the pelican.  "Hey, what are yo-" she gets cut off as the pelicans doors close on her. The only noise is the sound of her banging on them.

"Now that she's out of the way, Eta where was that cave system you talked about." A yellow diamond marker lights up on my visor showing me the direction and the distance of the cave. "You know you should bring her with you." "And why would I do that?"

Naomi's pov

"That bastard. What the hell. Why can't he take me with him? I can fight just as well as he can. This isn't fair." I kick the door of the aircraft one last time before turning around. "Is he really going to leave me here? Ugh he's such a jerk! What the hell am I supposed to do?"  I finally decide to look around in the ship and eventually found a bottle with some liquid. "Strawberry Fanta?" I couldn't really pronounce the last word to the drink but I open it up anyway. As the cap comes lose, air rushes out and the drink begins to bubble. I just wanted to take a quick sip but I didn't stop. It was so good. I finished it before I realized it was empty. Suddenly the ships rear doors open. It was animus! He stood there towering over me before saying anything. "Come on. Don't fall behind." And then he walked away.

Animus pov

"So where are we going? Why did you come back? I knew you'd come back!" The questions didn't stop. She kept asking the questions over and over, not stoping to breath until we finally made it to the cave. I silenced her by placing my hand over her mouth. "This cave has an abnormal amount of Grimm activity." She looks to the entrance to the cave. "Oh this cave. This cave is supposed to have high levels of dust, however the cave system had way to many death stalkers with an insane amount of armor. They're believed to be from the old war. And since armor on the death stalkers increase when healed from damage, they've only grown." I looked down the cave. "So it was to much for the military to handle?" She nods. "Even the huntresses and hunters had to back down. They were to strong." I place my SMG on my side and pull the SAW off my back and pull back the slide. "Good. Then this should be fun."

Naomi grabbed my arm. "You don't intend on going in there do you?" I continue walking dragging her along. "You could go back to the pelican if you want. I will go in there. Then, I don't know. Maybe someone would be willing to buy it off of me. You said there is high levels of dust right? Maybe a mining company would be willing to take it." At this point she's trying to dig her shoes into the ground. "But they're to strong for you. If the hunters couldn't do it, what makes you think you can!" I enter the cave and turn on the light from my helmet. "You'll die!" I stop and Naomi let's me go. "Naomi. There's two things you should know about us Spartans. One, we are soldiers created for war against odds that would be considered suicidal even for someone like us. And two." I pause. "Spartans never die. We're just missing in action." I engage a full sprint down into the cave leaving Naomi there to herself. If she doesn't want to follow that's fine, she'll be safe at the pelican.

It didn't take to long to reach an opening. Looking through, the cave lowers slightly more but opens up into a large room. I realize I'm standing on an edge as a couple of death stalkers roam the opening.  One walks below me but doesn't see me. I jump and engage my thrusters before slamming down into the death stalker, sounds of it's exoskeleton cracking on the impact fill the caves silence. The death stalker screams as I begin to pump shells into its head before it finally drops dead. I stand up and look to see multiple death stalkers beginning to surround me. I pull back the slide loading a new shell. "So, who wants to die next?"

A death stalker to my right begins to charge, I take a step back before bringing my fist down on top of it. "Oh eager aren't we!" I say as I fire a shell strait down its eye socket killing it instantly. Next two more death stalkers charged me. I jump up as they swing and replace my shotgun with the SAW. As I land I thrust back to avoid more claws and begin unloading bullets into the two nearly slicing them in half. I get no break as another tries to sting me with its tail. I move to the side and grab it. "Hey batter batter swing!" I yell as I chuck the now learning to fly death stalker. It continues to flail about before slamming into another of its kind. The last one still capable of fighting charges me. It tries to use its claws but I'm to fast for it. I jump and engage thrusters again slamming me into its skeleton. It only left a few cracks as I wasn't as high as before but that didn't stop me from plunging my fist through it. Bam bam bam, over and over I slam my fist into it as it tries to buck me off. I finally take the energy sword and stab through the opening causing it to drop. "Now. What am I going to do with you two?" I say to the remaining death stalkers. They both charge me and I charge to them. They didn't anticipate my speed as I charged strait into the head the death stalker I threw earlier sending him flying back again as the sounds of his skeleton structure breaking fill the cave. Without stopping I turn and slice off the claw of the other stalker and pull my shot gun out pumping shells into it before it finally dies. The last stalker charges me once again and I fire my shotgun as it approaches however I only had one shell left and the stalker slammed into me. Or at least it tried, I engaged my thrusters last second, pulled out my saw and unloaded the barrel into the body of the stalker. It finally drops dead.

I inspect the armor before it dissipates and realize that the bullets are penetrating, however the armor is so thick that they stop before breaking through. Unless it takes enough damage, the bullets won't go through. I reload both my guns and look around. A few glowing crystals here and there light up the cave. "This must be the dust." Looking around more I see multiple entrances going to different directions of the cave. Suddenly the cave starts to shake. Sounds of crawling can be heard from every where. It didn't take long till I saw what it was. An armada of death stalkers emerge from the caves tunnels. I watch as an endless amount of them pour into the cave. I pump the shotgun once again. "Oh yea, this'll be fun."

Everything charges at me all at once. It didn't take long before my shotgun ran out of ammo after slaughtering the Grimm. "Hahaha! Come on! If I was fighting the covenant I'd have both my weapons empty by now!" I begin using my saw and as I cleared through them, it took less and less bullets to finish them off. "These must be the newest recruits to the cult." Soon my SAW followed my shotgun and I was now slicing and tossing the remaining death stalkers around the cave. The engagement only took thirty minutes but, a few hundred dead stalkers and a cave to call my own for the time being, It was worth it. I pick up my guns as I talk to them. "I'm sorry for throwing you. I was in the moment. I hope you understand." I hear laughter from the cave entrance "you must really care for your weapons." It was Naomi, she was sitting on the ledge from where I entered. "Of course, after all, you have to treat them right if you want them to treat you. So, how long have you been there?" She looks up to think. "Hmm. The whole time. And I have to say." She jumps down from the ledge. "I have never witnessed or heard of a Grimm slaughter like this. You are crazy, I can't believe you did this all by yourself. I mean, professor Ozpin was never interested in this cave but I don't even think he would be able to do this by himself."

I began mapping out the caves. "Damn. If only I had the hypocenter visor. Then I wouldn't have to memorize this." "If only you had a wha?" I look at Naomi as I continue walking. "The hypocenter visor." I tap my visor. "A different version of mine with helps map out areas." "Well then what does yours do?" "Mine has one of the best threat management systems on the market. It tells me what I should prioritize during an engagement in order come out on top." As we talk about the different visors we walk into an opening in the caves tunnel and look around. "Wow. The amount is insane." I look around seeing large crystals of multiple colors line the walls of the cave. "You think I'd get a good deal off of this?" She can't stop staining at the dust. "If the other cave entrances are like this. You could by yourself a school like professor Ozpin's." I look back at the crystalline structures. "Good then lets be on our way."

A/n: a little earlier and longer to make up for the past two days.