First teachings

"You want me to teach you how to use the energy sword?" She simply nods. "No. No not happening. These are able to cut through my armor, even your 'aura' couldn't save you from this." She runs up to me and grabs my combat knife from my waist. "Hey what are are you-" before I could finish she stabs her leg with the knife. I expected it to go through but it stopes just a fraction of an inch before piercing her skin. "The aura stops anything, as long as you have it up you don't have to worry about it actually going through. Although you do still feel the impact." She stated while rubbing her leg and tossing me back my knife.

I sheath it and turn towards the pelican, "still no. I need to gather any and all technology that fell with me before someone gets to it." "I think it may be a bit to late for that." I look back to Naomi as she points to the smoke. Looking over I see an aircraft of some kind lifting up the wreckage. "Tell you what, you teach me how to fight with this Energy sword of yours and I'll get you to the one who's collecting your things. Deal?" I shake my head, "He would only want to arrest me or do tests on me or something." She shakes her head. "No, not true. Professor Ozpin is... understanding. I'm sure he'll just have you teach combat at the school." The aircraft begins to fly towards the city and all I could do is sigh. "Alright fine. Fine. However, these run off of energy, this dust, do you think it could power it?" She jumps excitedly, "yes! Oh thank you so much. See I knew you were a good person!" It's more like I don't have a choice unless I want to make enemies with the world. Not that I couldn't take them on but still. 

"And to answer you question, yes, dust can power machinery, you'll probably just have to tweak it here and there for it to be compatible." I nod. "I want you back here by twelve hundred hours with the dust, if you're late I won't teach you. Is that understood." She stares blankly as I sigh. "Be here by noon with the dust." Her face lights up "yes sir!" She salutes then runs off into the forest. She's fast. I put on my helmet again. "Eta? Should I have tested if the energy sword could go through her aura?" She comes into view. "I don't see why it could. If I saw correctly, she'll be safe." "I see. Ok then. I'm going to get some rest. Wake me in a few hours."

Time 1150 hours: edge of emerald forest.

"Annnd done." I scrape off the last piece of wood creating an energy sword made from a nearby tree. It may weigh heavier the the sword, but it's necessary structurally. "Animus I'm back. I got the dust you asked f- what happened to this tree!?" She looks at the tree I used to make the wooden energy swords. "One of those Grimm bear things attacked me while I was trying to figure out what to use to train you. So I threw it at the tree and now we're here, and it's not. " She blankly looks at the trunk with splintered wood sticking from it. "An ursa huh." I threw the wood sword at her feet as she hands me blue canisters.

"This the dust?" She nods and picks up the wood sword. "I see." I Inspect it and begin to walk to the pelican. "You know, there was a legend that in the twentieth and twenty-first century of my time, there was a country that would fight bears just for fun. I don't really believe it considering the animals they are. Much like the ursa you have here. There was also one legend that said a bear was part of the military. But anyway, not to get off track, The energy sword in Melee combat is designed to catch and counter an opponents sword or weapon." I place the canisters by the pelican and pull out the energy sword. "You can catch the opponents blade here in the center between the blades and twist to force them to lose their grip, stance, focus, or all of the above. You can then use a series of thrusts and slashes to attack you opponent. So in essence, the energy sword is defensive in combat. Defend, Catch, then counter."

Days went by as I taught her how to efficiently use the sword in combat. She caught on quick, I made multiple weapons from the tree based of of what she told. It's like anything here is a weapon. Before I knew it we were using the real swords for training. I couldn't use the wood as I don't have an aura to keep it from being sliced through like butter but I felt she was disciplined enough. It all went by quickly and before I knew it, she was off to her initiation. But not before teaching her how to use her agility to vary her attacks and make her less predictable.

I took time in between training her on trying out how the dust reacted with the sword. It took a few tries and some backfires but eventually I got them to work together. The swords are now able to run off the dust, and not only that but they last longer then normal as well so she won't have to worry about constantly 'changing the battery.'
And now, I wait for the results.

Two days after the initiation day a ship was approaching. One of the bullheads she told me about. It approached slowly and landed not far away. I had remembered that the newer pelicans had side panels with weapons and replaced my DMR with the saw and had that in hand since the woods were to dense to make use of said DMR. A man with gray hair stepped out from the ship first. He had a green scarf and wore gray clothing and a pair of glasses. Next to come out was a blond haired girl with a black, white, and purple uniform. She had glasses as well and wore a cape. Finally out came Naomi with her sword on her right and extra dust on her left.

I put the saw on my back and begin to walk to them as they approached me. "You must be the spartan animus that Naomi was talking about." The man opened up. "Spartan Animus-L176. You must be professor Ozpin. The one who took my tech." The blond girl stomped forward "your 'tech' caused collateral damage to multiple places in the forest and nearly struck the town!" She was mad but was held back by Ozpin. "Now now glynda, you shouldn't be rude to our new guest."