Chapter Nineteen

Bruno's POV:

"Is this... Hers?" Roxanne asked worriedly. I nodded. I didn't even bother to hide my tears. I stood up. "I want you two to get in the car, and run me over." I said seriously. "Don't be ridiculous Bruno." Roxanne said as she stood up. "I'm serious!" I yelled. "It was hard enough keep going when my mom passed, and it was hard when my wife died but I at least got her..." I said. "I have no reason to live now." I whispered.

"She is not dead." Danielle said.

Me and Roxanne looked at her. "What else can her jacket with stains of blood can say, if not that she is dead?!" I asked angrily. "That they're trying to mess with you!" She said. "That they're trying to make you think that she is dead just so you'll give up!" She added. We all went silence.

"I want to believe that you are right Danielle, but how can we know if she is actually alive?" Roxanne asked. "At the moment you're right, we can't know if those blood stains are actually hers, only a DNA check will prove if it's her blood. But, I can also say that I know they didn't kill her." Danielle said. "How comes?" I asked. "Because that only means we're heading to the right place! They're trying to scare us!" She said as she stood up.

"Let's go, we're less than hour away from the spot." I said.

Danielle's POV:

The night already went down on us as we reached the place. "Is this it?" Roxanne asked. "Yes, this is the spot." He said. They were about to get out but I stopped them. "We can't go like that, we need a weapon." I said. "Roxanne, do you have something by any chance?" Bruno asked her. She shook her head. "We'll just have to come how we are and just say we come in peace." She said. I sighed but nodded. We went out of the car and followed Bruno.

We climbed on top a hill, the night's darkness surrounding us. "This is the place." He said. "Where is she then?" Roxanne asked. "You think they'll leave her here just like that? If she is here, she is probably hidden somewhere." I said. "Well it's dark now, how will we find her?" She asked.

Bruno started walking, ignoring our conversation. He walked carefully around as me and Roxanne basically watched him. "I guess we are following him then." I said as we started walking.

He got closer to some type of forest, with big trees, something I thought I'll never see in the US. He stepped in there and we followed as he moved some branches away with his good hand. "Leila?" He yelled her name. "Leila, are you there?" He kept yelling the deeper we got in this so-called forest. Roxanne behind us, entangling with the branches, sighed heavily. "Do you really think she's in here?" She asked frustrated. Bruno and I glared at her. "What? She's like 7 years old! What can you expect from her to understand about all this?" She stated.

Bruno's furious, tired expression showed on his face. "My daughter is smart! Don't underestimate her!" He snapped at her. "Besides, no one made you join us anyway!" He added. She crossed her arms. "You know what? You're right." She said, making us stop. "No one made me join you. I just thought it'll be the right thing to do, to help you find her. But I obviously have nothing to offer." She said. Bruno heaved a small sigh, slight guilt showing. "I'm sorry Roxanne, I didn't mean to say it that way, it's just-" He started but she cut him off. "That's fine Bruno," She said. "I'll just stay in the car." She added and went back, heading to where we came from.

Bruno wanted to walk back after her but I stopped him. "Let her," I said. "We better find Leila first." I added. He heaved a sigh and nodded.

We were about to move forward when we heard a scream.

"BRUNO! DANIELLE!" We heard Roxanne yelling. "Roxanne!" "Where are you!" We yelled at the same time, going to where she was moments ago. "DONT GO THERE, ITS A TRA-" she started but her voice was muffled. Me and Bruno stopped at the same time.

"A trap?" We said in unison.

Just as we said those words, We felt something hit our heads hard.

--------

A/N:

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm already working on a new fanfic for you guys ;)

I will post the details about it nearing the end of Upon a Red Balloon and I will post the story when Upon a Red Balloon will get to an end :)

Meanwhile, don't worry about an end for Upon a Red Balloon: I can see more chapters for it :)

Inbar<3