Chapter Eleven

Danielle's POV:

His legs were trembling against the car's floor. "How long?" he asked, anger sensed in his voice. "5 minutes." I said. He sighed. He was nervous, angry, sad and annoyed at the same time.

I parked the car as we got there. Bruno didn't even wait till I'll cut the engine off and jumped out of the car. "C'mon we don't have enough time!" He said. I got out of the car and followed him. We entered the place and went over to the lady behind the glass.

"How may I help you?" She asked. "We would like to bail out someone." I said. "Ok," she looked at her computer. "Do you know the prisoner's number?" She asked. "Yes, it's 320584096." Bruno said. She looked up at us. "Jackson Sanders?" She asked surprised, a bit of terrified. "You want to bail out Jackson Sanders?" She asked. We nodded. "What is he to you?" She asked. Shit. We can't tell her that we've been threatened to bail him out. "Uhm, he's a family relative of mine." I said. She wasn't completely satisfied from my answer, but she brushed it off.

"Never thought this cruel man will have relatives that will agree to bail him out." She said as she typed his number. "What did he do?" Bruno asked. Damn, why is he so dumb? "Don't you know?" She asked. "Uhm," he started. "I-I don't like to talk about that so I haven't told him." I said. Why do I always have to save his butt. "Anyway," she started. "He is suspected at a case of murdering a kid. He was not find guilty yet he has some sort of connection to the story." She added and went back to her computer. Bruno and I switched looks, and I knew exactly what he was thinking of. "So the price for bailing him out would be 1000 dollars." She said. "Will you excuse us for a second?" Bruno said and grabbed my wrist as he grabbed me to the outside.

"What?" I said. "Have you heard what she said?! He is suspected for murdering kids!" He said. "We have nothing else to do! They said that she will be in more danger. Is that what you want?" I asked. He looked at me and sighed. "What if they're just using us huh?" He asked. "What if as soon as we'll get this person out, he'll go murder her?" He asked. I didn't know what to answer him. Then his phone ring.

And the familiar blocked number appeared on the screen.

Bruno's POV:

"You're not ditching me, aren't you Bruno?" The voice said right after I received the call, not letting me even say a simple hello.

"I want to know what is this man going to do after I'll bail him out." I said angrily. "I don't think you're in a place where I can owe you some explanation." It said. "He won't go and kill my daughter, wouldn't he?" I asked. It chuckled. "C'mon Bruno, that's what you think of me? You think that's what I'll do?" It said. "I don't know you. And considering the fact that you kidnapped my daughter, you can be able to do that." I said. "Please, if I wanted I'd already kill her and save time for all of us. I don't need him for that." It said. I was so angry and pissed at that person.

"Then what do you need him for?" Danielle said. "Oh," The voice spoke. "She can talk? I didn't know that." It teased. She rolled her eyes on his comment. "Can't you just tell us?" She asked.

"Oh I can," it said. "But where's the fun in that?" it smirked.

"You have 15 minutes to bail him out, or your daughter will be in danger for her father's mistake." It said and the call hung up.

I grabbed her arm and ran inside to the women. "Yes I'm ready to pay." I said as I reached the glass. "Okay.." She said strangely. I pulled a pile of money. Honestly, I didn't know how much was there. "Is that enough?" I asked nervously. She took it and started counting. She took her time, and I wanted to yell at her to go faster. "It's the exact amount." She said as she took the pile over to her. She pressed a button and spoke to the mic.

"Prisoner number 320584096, get ready for leaving." She said and her voiced echoed the big space. "He'll be out in 10 minutes" she said. I looked at the clock and saw it was 5 minutes pass the phone call and I breathed heavily.

We made it in time.

----------

A/N: I wanted to apologize for the slow update you guys... Lots of pressure in school and also a slight writing block... I'm also having a hard time with myself and depression and such... Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter :)

Love,

Inbar <3