Chapter Fourteen

Bruno's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the car door's being slammed. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around.

It looks like an abandoned gas station. Well, not abandoned, but without any signs of life. Danielle was filling the car with gas as a yawn slipped out her mouth. "You sure you can drive the rest of the way?" I asked. She turned her look at me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Besides, you can't drive with your hand." She said. "I can try." I said. She finished and closed the gas' tank and slid inside the car, closing the door. "I am not letting you drive. You can harm your hand more than it is harmed now." She said. I was about to respond but out of no where Jackson decided to butt in.

"I can drive." He said with his high geeky voice, almost as a whisper. "There is no way in hell I will let a fucking asshole murder like you to drive this car." I said bitterly at him. He got quiet again.

"Bruno..." Danielle said. "Yes?" I asked. She opened the car door once again. "Can we talk outside the car for a second?" She asked. "Okay..." I said, a bit suspicious. I opened the car door and we went outside. We backed away a few steps from the car.

"Well?" I asked. "First, promise me you won't freak out." She said. "I'll try." I said. She heaved a sigh.

"I've been thinking about it, and I don't know if I can keep going with that." She said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I know my job is to help you find our daughter, but I don't think I can help you anymore." She said. I just looked at her, confused and shocked. "The next stop, LA's Air Force base?" She started. "This place is secure as hell. And I'm 99% sure that we need to steal something from there." She said. "I'm an investigator Bruno! I work with the police! I can't steal army property! And neither do you! You can get in jail for a good 10 or 20 years! you don't want that!" She added. "So what do you say, huh?!" I yelled at her. "That I should just give up on my daughter like that?!" I yelled. "I prefer to spend my life in jail, knowing I did my fucking best to save my daughter!" I greeted through my teeth in anger. "But if you'll get caught you won't be able to save her!" She yelled at me.

We stared at each other with anger boiling in us. I'm not willing to give up on my daughter, but she has a point.

All of a sudden, we heard the car's engine roars to life. We both turned our looks and saw our car shaking and starting to drive. Jackson.

"Hey!" I yelled as I started running towards the car as it sped up. "Come back here you fucking bastard!" I shouted and ran as fast as I could to the car who was already going out of the gas station, but it was hopeless. The car was too fast and I was too slow for it. I was so pissed. "Fucking son of a bitch." I muttered in anger as the car sped up. I kicked a rock who was in the sideway as hard as I could in frustration. The chances I'll see my daughter now are low.

I felt someone touch my hand gently but I shrugged it away in anger, already knowing who it is. "It is all your fault." I muttered, still not turning around, with my face towards the road where the car, as well as my chances, faded away. "I know you're upset but we'll figure it out-" she said calmly but I cut her up. "TELL ME HOW, HUH?!" I yelled at her, turning around and walking past her back to the gas station. "Don't you understand that our chances to find her now are gone?!" I yelled as I kept heading towards the gas station. "They will probably kill her now." I said and my voice cracked a little at the thought of loosing my daughter.

"They won't if we won't give up." She said, making me stop from walking.

Danielle's POV:

We walked back to the gas station in silence. We lost our car. We'll have to find away to get back to LA, and LA was 4 hours drive away. So by foot? It can take days!

We reached the station. "So what, we going to wait for someone to pass over and ask for a ride?" He asked. "I don't know... Is that what you want to do?" I asked. "Is there another option?" He asked.

I was about to answer his question when we heard a phone rings. But it wasn't Bruno's phone. We both looked for where the sound came from until we located the place.

An old, abandoned phone booth.

---------

A/N: Passover vacation has officially started weeeeee! :)

3 weeks of vacation baby!

On Sunday it's HHI (Hip Hop International) Israel and I'm excited :)

Vote and comment what you thought about the chapter! :)

Inbar <3