Chapter Ten

Bruno's POV:

"I guess it's them." I whispered. "Like last time, put it on speaker." She said and grabbed her notebook and her pen out of her bag. I nodded and did as she said. I received the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"So Mars, how is it in Sheridan?" a thick distorted voice came from the other side. "Enjoying the view?" It added. "What did you do with my daughter?" I asked angrily. "No good morning? You woke up not so long ago." It teased me. I was quite shock that this person knew where I am and that I got up just now. "How do you know all these stuff?!" I asked. "I have my sources." It said. I sighed in anger.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked. It laughed. "You really think I'll tell you right away?" It said. "Where is the fun in that?" it teased. "I swear to god if there is one little scratch on her-" I was cut off. "If I was you, I wouldn't threaten me. I still have your daughter, you know." It said. I took a deep breath. "What do you want?" I asked. "Money? I can arrange that." I added. "I don't need your money," It said. "I'd like to see how much you really care for your daughter." It added.

"Isn't it obvious that I am?!" I yelled. "Not really, that's why you'd have to do whatever I say." It added. I remained quiet and lift my look up to Danielle. She nodded at me, yet she looked concerned. "Ok," I said. "What do you want me to do?" I asked. I could feel the person smirk. "I'm glad we're on the same page," It started.

"I need you to bail someone out of jail." It said.

Danielle's POV:

Bruno looked at me terrified. "J-jail?" He stuttered. "Yes, Jail." The voice said. I kept on writing some details in my notebook. "Make sure your little private-investigator friend writes it down as well." The voice said and my look flew to Bruno's in shock. How did he know I was here?! "What friend?" Bruno tried to cover me up.

"I'm not a fool. I know she is there. I usually don't like it when there is another person listen to our talk, but I forgive you. I'll just have more help, that's all." It said. I froze. "So you need to bail out prisoner number 32058-" It started but then it cut itself. "Why won't you write it Danielle? It's important." The voice said. I was terrified, shaking. But I started writing again. "Again, you need to bail out prisoner number 320584096. He is in FCI Sheridan. Once you'll get him out, you'll get another phone call from me." It said. "Am I clear?" It asked. "Yes." Bruno said. "Good.. good..." It said.

"I suggest you to do it now, otherwise your daughter will get in more danger." It said and hung up.

-------

A/N: some sort of filler chapter... Sorry it's short!