Chapter Three

"Of course I looked everywhere! Are you serious with me?! You think I'm an idiot?!" I yelled to the phone as I walked back and forth in my apartment. "I never said that you are, but we can't do anything unless it has been 24 hours since you last saw her." The officer said. "And then what?! You think she'll come back right away?! she is seven years old! She can't go back here by herself and I crossed the whole area of the mall, the neighborhood and basically ALL HOLLYWOOD!" I yelled angrily. "Sir I'd like you to calm down-" "CALM DOWN?!" I yelled at her, cutting her off. "My seven years old daughter is missing and you want me to calm down?!" I screamed. "Sir-" I cut her again. "No you just listen to me now miss! My child, my seven years old child is missing! She can be anywhere and maybe something happened to her! I don't want to wait fucking 24 minutes till it will be ok to search for her, I want it NOW!" I yelled. "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do sir." She said calmly. It pissed me off. "Look, you may don't know who I am, but I am Bruno Mars. And it's my daughter out there who is missing! I'll do anything it'll take, any money I'll need to pay, just so you'll start searching for her right now!" I said.

She got silent for a few moments. "I'll see what I can do Mr. Mars. I'll hand you over to my boss." She said. "Thank you." I said pissed. She transformed my call, music filling while I was on hold.

"Officer Brown, investigation department how can I help?" a raspy voice sounded from the other line. "Yes, hello. My daughter is missing. I last saw her 4 hours ago. I know that for a stupid reason you can't send cops to search for her unless it has been 24 hours, but you just got to do it. She is 7 years old. It's already late and dark and I really hope nothing bad had happen but who knows?? the point is that I want cops and police cars patrolling around looking for her NOW. I'll do whatever it takes, I'll pay any money you'd want. Just please, do it." I pleaded at my last sentence.

"Look," he started. "Usually, we're not allowed to do such as things." he said. "But, if you really want to that, I'm just saying that it won't be cheap. We need to pay for extra hours for the cops, for gas to the cars and more equipment." He added. "I got the money, I'm ready to do that. How much do you want?" I asked. "Well, for all of that, it'll be something around two thousands dollars. We will search for her for 2 days, if we won't find her by then, we'll stop. We'll then send you a private investigator, of course that will be another payment." He said. I rubbed my jaw as he talked and nodded to myself. "Ok. When will you start?" I asked. "You'll come here to the station in an hour, with the two thousands dollars in cash. The crew will be ready by then." He said. "Thank you officer Brown. I'll see you in a hour." I said. "We'll do the best we can." He said and with that, the call ended.

I crushed on the couch and buried my head between my hands. Tears rolled down my eyes. I fucked it up. I wasn't responsible enough... I disappointed Jessica. She told me I'll be a great father, but I just lost our daughter... And ma? Mom is probably ashamed of me. How can I even lose something like that?!

I glanced and spotted the green sparkly bag. Leila's Halloween costume. She was so excited for it. And now, who knows if I'll get to see her again?

"Ma, Jess..." I looked up and prayed. "I know I messed it up real bad this time, but please make that she'll be ok. I can't live without you two, and if I'll lose her as well... I will never be happy." I prayed.

I stood up and went to my secret safe. I opened it and took two thousands dollars out of it and stuffed it in a case. I closed and locked the safe, then grabbed my keys.

She has to be some where... Right?