Chapter Five

Danielle's POV:

I watched him as he took a big gulp from his bottle of water, slowly sobering up. "Tell me when you feel better enough to talk business" I said. He finished his bottle and sighed. "I think I'm better. I just want to see my daughter again." He said, his voice cracking up a bit on his last sentence.

"When was the last time you saw her?" I asked. "At the mall, three days ago... around four in the afternoon." He said and I wrote it down. "We bought her her Halloween costume and I went to buy us ice cream, stupidly letting her wait all by herself to watch over a table..." He said, tears of anger started to run down his face. He was mad at himself. "And when I was back... I didn't see her there. I looked everywhere. No one around saw what happened, which is crazier. I told her not to leave the table!" He yelled.

"You need to understand it's not your fault this time." I said. He sniffed. "What do you mean?" He asked. I leaned a little closer to him. "I'm not sure if you've heard, but lately there has been a lot of cases of missing kids." I whispered. "Do you think that have something to do with my Leila?" He asked. "I think so." I said. "We didn't find much about this 'organization' who does that. We just know they call themselves The Red Mountains." I added. "Why so?" He asked confused. "The mountains and woods are where they hide and kill the victims. And well... The red stands for blood." I said.

"But in the news they said there were no murdering signs. How do they kill them?" He asked. "It's a mystery. No one knows that." I said. "But we still doesn't know it's them. Usually the parents get phone calls with missions that-" I started but his phone ringing cut me off.

He pulled his phone out and we switched looks. He looked worried.

"block number." He whispered.

----------

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter :) I hope you're all liking it by now :)

Inbar <3