Chapter Eight

Bruno's POV:

"Sheridan, California." Danielle said as I stopped the car right after we crossed the sign that welcomed us.

"Now what?" I asked. "Sheridan is quite big, what will we do?" I asked. "I suggest we stop at the nearest motel and rest. It's 6am and we didn't get the next step from those guys." She said. "We must find her, we can't rest!" I said. "Be realistic Bruno!" She yelled a little. "We don't know if they're even in Sheridan. We just know the call was made from Sheridan." She said. "So she may not even be here?!" I yelled. "Why did we drive all the way here then?!" I asked. "To save time! Even if she isn't here, she is probably close!" she yelled back and we both got quiet.

"Just drive to the nearest motel," she sighed. "The lack of sleep is showing in our behavior." She said. I decided not to fight over this and just drove to the nearest motel.

"What do you mean 'there are no rooms left'?" I asked her. "There is a full group here who rented from a while ago the whole motel. I'm sorry." The receptionist said. Damn them tourists. "Isn't there anything left? Are you one hundred percents sure?" Danielle asked. "I'll look again if you'd like, but I don't think there is." She said. "Please do that." Danielle said.

She typed and searched on her computer, tapping on the keyboard. "You guys are lucky," she said. "Two people didn't join the group, so I have one room ready." She said. "That's great. Thank you!" I said. "No problem," she said and put the keys on the desk. "Room number 362. The payment for one night is 50$ per person, which is 100$ for the both of you." She added.

I was about to pull out my wallet but Danielle was quicker than me and already pulled a 100$ bill out. She grabbed the keys and started walking.

"You coming?" She asked. I shook off and followed her.

Danielle's POV:

I put the key in the hole and unlocked the door. The room wasn't big, yet not too small. Normal size. A small bathroom and a closet, which was unnecessary for us since we didn't bring anything with us. On the wall, a small tv and in front of it stood a queen sized bed, and in the corner of the room - a small couch.

"Well, I hope you'll be comfortable on that couch." I said as I made my way to the bed, but he grabbed my wrist so I'd face him. "And what makes you think that?" He asked. "I'm going to sleep in the bed." He said. "In your wildest dreams." I said. "Which I'm gonna dream them on this bed." He chuckled. I tried to get out of his grip, without a luck. He then tossed me on the side and ran to the bed but I managed to take a hold of his arm. He fell on the bed, and due to my hold, I fell on top of him. We laughed for a few seconds then got quiet. We both laid there at the same position in awkwardness.

But none of us could move.

I looked in to his eyes for the very first time. They were deep brown and big, something in them fascinated me. He looked in my eyes as well, examining them. His gaze fell to my lips for a split second, then went back to my eyes.

My body started to lean closer.

Stop Danielle.

This is unprofessional.

What about business?!

Too late.