Devil Parrots

Savannah's POV

Warmth spread over my body as I opened my eyes. I found myself on an empty beach with warm sand at my feet. My heart beat rapidly increased as I searched the new surrounding for others. A tropical forest was off in the distance. The horizon is clear showing no trace of the storm that occured. I scanned the beach and found another body located a little further from where I was. I approached the motionless body with caution. As I got closer I realized the face of Liam Payne.

What was going on? Is this a dream? 

I reflected on the night from before...

I am Savannah, I'm eighteen years old, I was on a cruise to the Bahamas, I saw One Direction preform, there was a storm, the boat sunk, and now...I'm stuck on an island with... Liam Payne?

This cannot be real. This had to be a dream. I quickly pinched my arm and winced at the pain sent through the nerves. Nope, this is reality.

I leant down and I poked his face. Was he dead? I poked it again. Nothing happened. I slapped him across the face. His eyes fluttered open and he began to rub the spot I struck.

"Ouch," he croaked out.

"Sorry, but you wouldn't get up," I shrugged.

"You didn't have to hit me," he replied, sitting up.

"Where are we?" he asked.

"On an island," I replied.

"Well, obvisously!" he bursted into laughing.

I don't know why this was funny to him. We were stuck on an island and we had no methods of transportation to get off of it. Talk about feeling helpless. I wonder if we could attempt one of thsoe message in a bottle things. I always see that in the movies where people get stranded and it works 80% of the time.Although on the brightside, I was stuck with Liam Payne! Okay not the time for fan girling, again. 

"So now what?" I asked. "What if we don't get out of here?"

"We will get out of here," he replied, this time serious.

I got up from the hot and brushed little grains of sand off myself, then helped Liam up. There was also an odd silence about this island. Everything was peaceful. It was a lot less hectic than the ship. Maybe I should have taken a vacation on an island instead?

"Maybe we should look for some food?" I suggested, ignoring my growling stomach.

He nodded in agreement. We found our way towards the forest and I was immediately surrounded by various plants that I had not seen before. Ones with deep purples and pinks. I also saw a live venus fly trap. A few feet in front of us was a red parrot perched on a branch. 

"Oh my God! It's a parrot!" I screamed running over to the bird.

"Don't touch it! It could be dangerous!" Liam warned me.

I ignored him and walked closer to the bird.

"No don't!"

I pet the parrot's feathers.

"I said don't!"

The bird hopped down and sat itself on my arm. Liam made his way towards me.

"Don't touch it!" I whispered as he got closer.

The bird reached down and sank its beak into my skin. I screamed as the bird flew off my arm and I ran away, Liam following close behind. The bird chased us. This was an odd experience. We were running until Liam turned around and hit the parrot with a large stick he picked up while we were sprinting. The parrot was sent hurling and didn't come back. Parrot baseball. Homerun. Okay that was a morbid joke. I slid my back down a tree trunk trying to catch my breath.

"See you should've listen to me!" Liam scolded.

"Yeah, I know," I replied, quietly.

"Stupid parrot," I was now examining the bite.

It wasn't bad, there was a small amount of blood that was barely noticeable.

"I'll be fine," I say, but there is no reply.

I looked around. Where is Liam?

Liam's POV

 "Sorry parrot, I thought you were a tree branch in our way," I said staring down at the parrot's body, in horror.

I felt awful for hurting a helpless creature. I quickly piled dirt over the body and held a funeral service for it.  

When I was done, I did not recognize my surroundings. How did I get here again?

Savannah's POV

I walked around looking for Liam.

"Liam, this isn't funny!" I screamed.

Then I heard it, a strange bird noise. It was soft at first, but as it got louder I could hear it clearer. Parrots! A swarm of parrots flew above me and circled me. Turns out the parrot had some buddies. Great...

 I made my way out of the circle of birds and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but if you were getting chased by a swarm of parrots would you care?

As I dodged an incoming log, I heard a scream. I knew this scream. I've heard it before, on some video on Youtube. Not just any Youtube video, a video diary. A One Direction video diary. It was the one the only, Louis Tomlinson scream.