Embarrassing Encounter

Savannah's POV

Fate is a humorous topic. We are all makers of our own fate in some way. To be honest I don't know how I created mine.

 I lugged the last of my luggage on the ship. I could already see girls lining up to meet One Direction. I immediately lost all hope of being able to see One Direction boarding the ship. I tried looking over a blonde girl's should, only to be rewarded with an ugly look. Of course the whole purpose of this trip was not to see One Direction, I had to leave my family behind at home. My parents have been fighting and my sister is at college so it was tough for me back at home. This may sound selfish compared to what others may be experiencing in their lives, but everyone needs a break from their family, right?

When I approached the sign in desk, I was greeted by a manager. "Hello! Welcome to the Queen Star!" she smiled.

I handed her my ticket and she returned with my room key. I dragged my luggage to my room and turned the key in the key hole. The room was as expected, fancy. It had silk sheets on the bed, a soft fuzzy tan rug in the middle of the room. On the side of the room, there was an updated kitchen with granite counter tops. On the right side, a flat screen awaited me with a tan couch sitting in front of it. In front of my bed a note was placed.  The note that read:

Dear guest,

We hope you enjoy your ride to the Bahamas. We'd like to notify you that you will not be allowed on deck after 12:00 AM. If you need anything notify a maid. Thank you!

I read over the note again before tossing it in the trash. I opened the closet and placed my clothes I had packed for the trip in it. I had two hours before the One Direction concert began. Maybe if I showed up an hour early I would be able to have a decent seat for the concert? So I had an hour to kill. The salty fresh scent hit me as I walked out the dorm part of the ship. 

I looked around the deck and found gift shops. Maybe I could find something to bring home for my parents and sister, it was the least I could do for abandoning them. I entered the tiny shop, completely overwhelmed by tiny nicnacs. I found a couple cute necklaces, a turtle one and a starfish one, and a pair of goggles for my father. I also managed to find a One Direction bracelet for myself as well. I turned the corner to the register and bumped into someone. It sent me tumbling down to the ground.

"Sorry!" I quickly said.

"It's fine, love," a thick British accent said.

A hand appeared and I grabbed it. I nearly fainted when I found who the hand's owner was. I was staring into the carmel eyes of Liam Payne. He had his hood up and was probably hoping no one would recognize him. Immediately realizing how embarrassing the tumble I just took was, I blushed. This was very odd. What are the chances of running into a celebrity at a store? I should ask Siri.

"Are you a fan?" he asked, looking down at the bracelet I was about to buy.

"Oh yes!" I said, a little too excitedly. My cheeks reddened again. He chuckled.

"Are you going to attend the concert in awhile?"

"Yes," I replied, calmly this time.

"Well see you there," he smiled and walked away.

Wait..did I just speak to Liam Payne..

I paid for my items and dropped them off at my suite. I got ready for the concert and before I knew it, it was an hour before the concert started. I walked over to where they were setting up the stage. A couple girls were already there hoping to get a chance to see them. I sat down on a nearby lawn chair and waited, taking in the new atmosphere of a ship.

Liam's POV

I don't know why, but I just couldn't get this girl out of my mind. Who was she? What was her story?

Niall's face  turned green again as we hit another wave. Having a concert on a ship wasn't our brightest idea.

"You sure you'll be able to do the concert lad?" I asked Niall. He nodded slightly.

His motion sickness was getting the best of him. I returned to the rest of the boys who were warming up for the performance. We grabbed our mics and we were about to hit the stage. I glanced up at the sky and watched as dark cloud settled over. Hopefully the rain wouldn't hit until after the concert. We all jumped onto the stage to What Makes You Beautiful. Among the crowd, I heard girls screaming and maybe a few crying. 

We started to sing What Makes You Beautiful I danced around the stage. I scanned the crowd looking for the mystery girl and I finally found her up front. As we sang One Thing, it started to pour. The concert was immediately called off for safety reasons. We were ordered to get off the stage and go straight to our suite. I felt awful because we probably disappointed most of our fans on the ship. I suggested that we should give them a refund or tickets to our next concert.

Savannah's POV

I was dancing to What Makes You Beautiful when his eyes connected with mine. I think he even smiled. "Did you see that?" asked a girl next to me. "Liam Payne smiled at me!" I had to keep myself from pointing out my encounter with Liam earlier at the shop. The boys had just finished One Thing when they had to get off the stage. 

The captain's voice appeared over the sound system, "For safety reasons, we would like all passengers inside their dorms." I dried my hair with a towel and sat down on my bed. The rocking of the boat was now starting to frighten me. I looked out the porthole in my room. The sky was dark and lightning filled the sky. 

This was a serious storm.