Broken Promises

Savannah's POV

The chaos on the ship was overwhelming. In the rooms connected to mine I coulder hear whimpers from scared children. The ship staff wouldn't let us go anywhere. Earlier we were notified that the captain didn't want us using the rescue boats in these waves.

I think that is complete nonsense. Why would you not take the chance to let us escape? This ship was obviously not prepared for anything like this. Shame on them.

"We would like all passengers to join us on the deck," announced the captain over the intercom.

My pulse quickens as I enter the top deck. Everyone on deck was either screaming or crying. All the passangers were gazing at the dark, rainy skies. I watched as waves thrashed about. Someone was pushing their way through the crowd, wearing that dark hoodie again. Liam Payne. I watched him scan the crowd, and when his eyes fell on me he looked surprised. 

"Have you seen them?" he raised his voice so I could hear it over the waves.

I decided 'them' was the rest of the band members.

"No," I replied, even though I had not really been looking for them.

The ship suddenly tilted to it's  right side. Liam and I automatically grabbed each other for support as we were thrown to the side. I let out the girliest scream ever.

"This is it. I'm going to die," I whispered.

"No." He shook his head, trying to comfort me.

The ship was sinking. There was no doubt about it. It reminded me of the Titanic only this ship is sinking on its side, not forward. Where was Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet? And where was the director to yell 'Cut!' when you need him?

I gripped the deck as the ground became steeper and Liam did the same. The ship continued to descend into the waves. My heart was beating uncontrollablely. I'm surprised I haven't suffered from a heart attack by now.

Soon we were dangling from the deck. My hands were slipping because of the water that had splashed onto the deck, making it extremely slippery. Moments later I slipped. Thankfully Liam was still holding onto me. I was swinging in midair only to be attached to Liam's hand. Now I know what it feels like to be Jack.

"I'm too heavy!" I yelled up to him over the crashing waves. 

He shook his head, "You're fine."

"I'll just let go. It doesn't matter to anyone but my family if I'm gone, but if you're gone millions of fans will be sad and disappointed. Just let me fall!" I screamed as ship was slowly slipping deeper into the water. 

I'd be totally fan girling right now if I wasn't dangling from a ship above waves that could easily drown me.

Liam's POV

She was slipping. I'll admit that.

"Okay I'll let go in ten seconds and I promise I'll still hold on to the ship," I said at last.

"Okay," she agreed.

"One," I said.

"Two," she said.

"Three," I said.

"Four," She said.

"Five," I said.

"Six," She said.

"Seven," I said.

"Eigh-" She began to say.

I let go of the cruise ship but not her. We both fell towards the water and I held tightly onto her hand. There was no way I was going to let this girl escape my grip. I kicked my legs ferociously to stay above the water. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see a large wave coming our way.

"Liam Payne! I will get you!" I heard her scream before I went underwater.

----------------------------------------

Hey amazingness!

Sorry for the really short chapter the next chapter will be longer! There were some totes Titanic moments in there :D 

- Jessica xoxo