Little Aragorn

"It seemed only yesterday that your son, Halbarad was no more bigger then Aragorn," Arathorn exclaimed watching both Aragorn and Halbaron from a distance. Halbarad smiled and crossed his arm's over his chest. Aragorn watched in amazement as he embeded a large stick into the ground and exclaim, "I delcare this land, in the name of the king."

Aragorn laughed and grasped the stick, trying to pry it from the ground. "Hey, hold on there Aragorn," Halbarad muttered softly, gently prying his fingers from the stick. "Did I ever tell you that one day I will serve under your father in the fight to save the Dunedien?" Giggling, Aragorn clapped his hands together and stretched them towards Halbarad looking to be embraced. Smiling, Halbarad ruffled his curls and snapped off a piece of a nearby branch.

Crouching, he drew several dots on the ground's surface, an eye and a line that separated them. Pointing towards his drawing he said, "I'll be there Aragorn, amongst the bravest soldier's of both Gondor and Rohan, pushing back the evil that has plagued this Earth,"

"And to kill the one that bathed in my brother's blood, long ago........" he muttered darkly underneath his breath.

His grip tightened around the stick and he stood up. Aragorn looked at him in confusion, but before he had the chance to comfort him, Halbarad punched a nearby wall. Whimpering, Aragorn stumbled back and began to cry. At the sound of his tears, Halbarad crouched besides him and whispered, "Hey hey, Aragorn c'mon no tears, I didn't mean to scare you, it was stupid of me really."

Lifting him up, Aragorn wrapped his arm's around his neck and buried his face into his chest. "I don't want you to get hurt, Halbarad you're like my big brother," Aragorn whispered.

Placing a small kiss on his head Halbarad replied, "Don't you worry Aragorn, I promise I'll be back. Besides you know me, I never go back on my word!" Swinging him onto his shoulder's Aragorn shrieked in excitement and held onto his hair.

"And on my adventures, I'll bring you back a hand-carved toy from Rivendell, a leaf from the white tree of Gondor and a tuft of a horses mane from Rohan." Aragorn gasped with delight at the thought of his special gifts.

"But won't you get lonely on your travels Halbarad?" Aragorn asked.

Putting him on the ground, Halbarad smiled and rubbed his neck sheepishly. "I can't believe I'm saying this out loud, but no not really Aragorn." He pulled a necklace that was wrapped around his arm and showed it to Aragorn. "This was given to me by my brother, when I was just your age, it has always been my greatest comfort. But now I want to give it to you, so you will always remember me even if we're far apart."

Reaching for the necklace Aragorn held tightly onto it and hugged him tightly. "And besides," Halbarad exclaimed, "I know you'll always be with me." Poking him in the chest, Aragorn laughed and clung onto his arm. Lifting him up, Halbarad staggered over to Arathorn and gave him Aragorn. "Thank you Halbarad, your father is waiting for you near the stables."

Carrying Aragorn towards his room, Arathorn smiled when he saw that Aragorn had fallen asleep in his arms, his fingers holding on tightly to his clothes. While putting him in his bed, Arathorn spotted something silver hidden amongst his son's clothes. The necklace reminded of him of something and when he opened it, he gasped in surprise startling Aragorn.

Rubbing his eyes sleepily, Aragorn noticed that his father was crying and he slowly approaced him placing his hand against his father's. "Dad why are you crying." Wiping away his tears he smiled and showed Aragorn the necklace. "This belonged to Haldarin's brother, Haldor. He was a brave warrior and was intelligent of mind, we were good friends just like yourself and Halbarad. When he died he made me promise to pass it onto his brother, but I had lost it up until now."

Embracing his son tightly, they both stared at the necklace in silence as the candlelight grew dimmer.

A small portion of this is from the movie, 'Born of Hope,' which is a real awesome movie, check it out!!!! Halbarad and Halbaron both belong to the movie, they're not my own characters. Anyway hope you enjoy!!!!! :D