Little Tarlancerseal and Faramir

"Faramir, where are you?" Tarlancerseal called, searching in the kitchen.

"There you are!" she sighed picking him up. He had cake smeared all over his mouth and his hands were sticky. Laughing, he grabbed at her hair, coating it with frosting. Wincing, she removed his hands and placed a finger to her lips, "Sssshhh or the cook......"

"Tampa Tanya!"(Stop that!)

Shrieking in surprise, she ran away clutching Faramir in her arms. She ran to the stables and put Faramir down, desperate to catch her breath. Farmir giggled uncontrollably and she too joined in the laughter, falling backwards into the haystack.

A horse playfully nudged his arm, making him call out in surprise. He ran behind her, and reached for her fingers, terrified of the horse. Ruffling his hair, she smiled and placed one hand on her hip. "Don't tell me your afraid of a horse?" she asked teasingly. Shaking his head he murmered softly, "No, it's just......He was trying to bite my arm," he said, looking up at her innocently and showing her his arm.

Raising an eybrow she grabbed an apple from a nearby barrel and held it out to the horse, and he took it greedily. faramir laughed at the crunching noise the horse made and he too held his own arm out.

Placing an apple in his hand, she held his hand tightly and guided his hand to the horses mouth and once again it took the apple. "Does he have a name?" he asked Pushing a strand of her behind her ear, she shook her head.

"Well I'm going to call it, Tarlancerseal," he exclaimed proudly. "How about, Faramir?" she whispered rubbing the horses head. He nodded in agreement and reached to pat the horse. "I want to ride him," he whispered breathlessley, trying to wrap his small arms around its neck.

"Not now, Faramir, grow a little taller first." He stretched his arms upard and scrunched his face. Tarlancerseal looked on in confusion and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Growing taller."

She laughed and shook her head. Reaching for a beam, Tarlancerseal lifted herself up and continued climbing. Reaching for the wooden platform, she hauled herself up and looked behind her shoulder, making sure that faramir was still distracted. She sighed in relief and pulled a loose brick, revealing a dusty book. "What is that?" She shrieked in surprise and fell backwards into a haystack.

Faramir laughed and jumped in after her. "No, Faramir! Stop that tickles!" Tarlancerseal emerged from the hay holding a book in one hand and in the other, Faramir who was trying to wriggle free of her grip. "What is it?" Sighing she opened the book and showed him pictures of an elven woman. "Who's that?" he asked pointing to a picture.

Tears rolled down her cheek and she tried desperately to hide them, "That's my mum," she whispered longingly. "She died when I was small." Faramir held his amrs out and embraced her tightly, "You shouldn't cry you know," he whispered. Looking up at her innocently he placed a small hand on her cheek and said, "You have a family here. You're like a big sister to me."

She smiled and closed her eyes happily. Silence followed until Faramir exclaimed, "Do you want to play?" Laughing she nodded and helped him  up, "What do you want to play?" His eyes lit up with excitement and he clapped in delight, "Hide and seek! I'll count."

Tarlancerseal ran towards a nearby tree and hid amongst it's leaves. "I'm coming," he shrieked running towards the tree she was in. He didn't look where he was going so he stumbled and tripped on an outstretched root.

He whimpered and curled up in a small ball, tears falling down his face. She saw this and hung upside down for the branch reaching for him. "Faramir!" Looking up, he smiled and held his arms out. Tarlancerseal grabbed him and swung him up onto the branch where she was sitting. She put an arm around his shoulders and held him closely. "Tarlancerseal?"

"Yeah?" 

"Will you remeber me? Even after you go back home?"

Smiling she ruffled his hair and said, "You know it, baby brother." He smiled sleepily and buried his face in her chest. "That's good," he mumbled softly to himself.