Little Eowyn and Eomer

"Eowyn, where are you?" Eomer called. Stifling a giggle, she curled up into a small ball and buried herself deeper in the haystack. "Sssshhh," she whispered putting her finger to her lips as a horse rubbed his head against her arm. "Hasufel! Eomer will hear you." Whining, he pawed the ground, smiling she nodded and reached for an apple. "How about an apple? Will that keep you quiet," she whispered rubbing his mane.

"THERE YOU ARE!" he roared uncovering Eowyn. Squealing with fright and surprise, she tried to run away but Eomer was far too clever and bigger and caught her easily. Laughing, she tried to escape from his grip, but he simply laughed and tickled her. "No! Please, I'll stop moving if you stop!" Placing his sister down she clasped her hands together and looked up at him innocently.

Eomer laughed and crouched so that he was face to face with her, "You were far too noisy, I didn't need elf ears to be able to hear you from miles away." Angrily, she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away, clearly annoyed at his remark. Hasufel came trotting up and nudged her arm playfully. "You should thank Hasufel," he muttered grabbing his reigns and offering him a carrot.

"Why?"

Grinning he raised his eyeborw and replied, "Because if it wasn't for him, i would have never found you!" Squealing in delight, she giggled and reached for Eomer. Tugging at his shirt, she asked, "So do you think that I'll be able to fight with you Eomer?"

Smiling, he picked her up and staggered towards Theoden's palace. "Little girls can't just go running off into battles. They must sit in a palace all day and sew and cook while also washing, cleaning, dusting and getting married to disgusting boys!" he said teasingly.

Holding her stomach in disgust, Eowyn scrunched up her face and replied, "Eeeeww," placing her hand on her heart she solemnly promised, " I swear that I will never be like a woman, I promise to always fight by your side Eomer." Putting her down, he winked and playfully said, "Hey how about we have a race to see who's fastest?"

Giggling, she clapped her hands and nodded. "GO!" he yelled, allowing Eowyn to run ahead. Smirking, he lifted his arms up menancingly and roared, frightening Eowyn who shrieked and fell backwards in surprise. "Hurry up Eowyn, or i'm going to catch you." She tried to steady herself but instead found herself on the floor again.

Reaching for her, he swept her off her feet and roared triumphantely. Laughing she tugged at his hair and squealed, "Let me go!" "Ow," he winced, prying her fingers from his curls. "Hey not so rough," he muttered affectionately. Flailing her fists about, she hit Eomer. "Hey!" he called stumbling backwards and falling onto the ground.

Muttering darkly under his breath, he roughly pushed Eowyn from his lap and sat hunched over. Eowyn looked up at him thoughtfully and crawled towards him, tugging gently at his shirt. When that did not get his attention she struggled onto his lap and hugged him affectionately. "I'm sorry Eomer, I didn't mean to hurt you, " she whispered tearfully into his chest.

Sighing, he wrapped his arms around her and muttered softly into her hair, "Don't be Eowyn, you'll make a brave soldier one day," Looking up at his she wiped away the last of her tears and said, "Do you promise Eomer?"

"Of course I do. I wouldn't want anyone else fighting besides me," he replied poking her.

"Eowyn, Eomer!"

"It's uncle!" she squealed hiding behind him. Laughing he waved towards his uncle. "Eomer what happened to your eye!?" he exclaimed. Knawing her lip anxiously she tightened her grip on Eomer's clothes and looked up at him.

Winking, he ruffled her curls and rubbed his neck sheepishly, "I fell off a horse Uncle, I'm sorry." Ruffling his hair he sighed and muttered, "That's quite alright Eomer, next time take care."

Crouching he faced Eowyn and held his arms out, "Don't be afraid, little one, I must take you to your chambers." Stepping from behind Eomer, Theoden gasped as he saw the state that she was in. "Just look at your hair Eowyn! What happened?"

Giggling nervously she grabbed hold of Eomers hand for comfort and mumbled, "I fell into the haystack while feeding the horse?" Laughing, he swept her off her feet making her squeal in delight.

"Come, lets get you cleaned up." Wrapping her arms tightly around Theoden's neck she waved sleepily at Eomer and mouthed one word, "Promise?" Eomer waved back at her and nodded, "I promise."