Little Boromir and Faramir

This is a bit sad, and I guess not as cute as the others. Open to suggestions! :D

"Boromir, I would like to see you," Denethor called. Nodding, he got up from his place beside his brother and began walking towards his father, before he felt someone grab his arm. "Please don't leave me out here," Faramir whispered, tightening his grip on his brothers arm. Smiling, he shook his head and unhooked his fingers leaving him alone in the empty corridor.

"What about me father?" Denethor turned to face his son and scowled. "I called for my son, not you," he spat leading Boromir into a room. Holding back tears, Faramir sat back down, nothing could be heard all except for the small sniffles of a lonely boy, curled up in a corner. Hours passed and Faramir struggled to keep his eyes open, until the sound of a door opening could be heard. Standing up excitedly, Faramir watched as Denethor ushered his brother outside.

Running towards his brother, he called to him but Boromir simply pushed passed him and walked on, not once looking back. "If I were you, I would stay out of his way, I do not want the future king of Gondor to be.....'distracted'"

Denethor muttered before walking off. Holding back tears, Faramir fell to the ground and shook with both anger and sadness. Silent tears streamed down his face as he gave in to the loneliness and agony he felt. Punching the floor, he watched as blood poured from a gash in his hand. Whimpering he cradled his hand and called for his brother, his voice resounding in the stone hall.

"Hey," turning around he was met with the sight of Boromir. Reassured by his presence, Faramir wiped away the last of his tears and smiled up at him. Putting a comforting hand on his shoulder, Boromir crouched and embraced his brother. "I don't know what's happening, I wish you would tell me," he whispered. Sighing , Boromir fell backwards and looked up at the ceiling. "Father wants me to leave," he mumbled wrapping his arms around himself.

Shocked by his words, he replied, "You can't leave me! Why is he doing this?" "I don't know," he whispered tears streaming down his face. He began to feel sick as he watched his brother cry and he went stiff, unsure of what to do. His brother was always there for him, he carried them both and to see his brother in tears made him feel sick with loneliness and guilt.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled barely able to contain his own sadness. "Don't be," Boromir replied wiping away the last of his tears. "Come here," he said lifting his baby brother onto his lap. Resting his head against his shoulder, he began to hum and old song in the tongue of elves.

When he had finished, Faramir turned to face his brother and muttered sleepily, "Will you ever forget me Boromir?" Smiling, he embraced his brother and whispered into his hair, "Of course not, Faramir you will always have a special place in my heart," poking him in his chest. Ruffling his curls, Boromir laughed as Faramir yawned and stretched. "Hey, before you sleep I want to show you something. Taking out a broach from his pocket he showed Faramir, who stared in amazement at it.

"Is that....." he began reaching for it. "Yeah," he whispered. "I've been keeping it secret, hiding it from father just in case," he mumbled squirming, "you know," he finished. Pinning it to his brother's vest he smiled and stood back to admire it; "I want you to have it. Promise you'll keep it safe".

Wrapping his finger around Boromir's he nodded. "Hey Boromir," Faramir called stretching his arms out towards his brother.

"Yes Faramir?"

"Do you remeber her? Mum I mean."

Silence followed and he reached for him. "Yeah, I do. I see her everytime I look at you." Smiling sleepily he curled up in his brothers arms and closed his eyes, "That's good."