Chapter Seventeen: No One's Gonna Love You

"He’s my best friend. I should just forgive him, shouldn't I?" I asked Mrs. Winters. "I mean, he's always been there and he had a legitimate reason, it's been two weeks, what's done is done. So, I should tell him that it's all alright, shouldn't I?"

Mrs. Winter's smiled, kindly. "The thing is Danny; have you really forgiven him or do you just simply think you should?" 

"Aren't you just supposed to say yes?" I asked.

"Well, honestly, I can't approve or disapprove anything because of the simple fact that I have no idea what really happened. That and I don't really have an opinion on this I am only your psychiatrist."

"Clark took the picture of Misha and I kissing. He kept it to himself for about two weeks wondering if he should sell it or not. He did, and I get why he did it. I understand that when you need money you'll do anything for it even betraying your best friend but..." I ran my hand through my hair. "I just wished he talked to me. I wish he had told me that he took the picture and sold it right after he sold it, but he was going to keep it from me. He had no intentions of showing it to me at all. He should have trusted me enough to know that I would understand the reasons for what he did. I mean, I'm not going to be an ass and tell him I'm more important then his little brother's and him, not being able to eat because they were going to loose their house because of him. They had to pay a lawyer because of the accident and lost a lot of money because of that. Plus, the little they do have their father drinks it away. I know Clark, Mrs. Winter's, I know his dad is a complete imbecile but I didn't think he was that bad. I would've forgiven him and I feel like an ass for not forgiving him."

"Don't put more pressure on yourself Danny that just makes things worst, you know that. Have you talked to Clark about the way you feel?"

"No not really. I- I don't know it's just when I talk to him I just feel betrayed."

"Well, if you were in his situation would you really want to tell him? From the way I see it I think the guilt of what he did deterred him from speaking with you about his situation. Guilt, shame, and pride can make a person do things that they don't think through. Honestly, I believe you should just talk to him, not forgive him but talk. You can't fully forgive him if you don't let out your feelings. Danny, you keep to many things coped up inside and that's not healthy."

I nodded slowly, knowing that she was right.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Danny." warned Mrs. Winters, her white hair falling into her eyes making her glare seem silly.

"I know, I know, I just need to get to work."

"I thought you were going to stop working for the rest of the year?" She asked.

"Yeah, Friday's my last day."

"It's good that you take time off, Danny. It's not good to have so many things going on, it only stresses you."

I nodded again, having gone over this a couple times the last three sessions. She was a great physiologist I wasn't going to lie, I really liked venting out everything to her. Even though it get's hard and weird at times.

"So?" I asked, giving her a fake smile.

"You can go, you're times up. I just needed to let that out."

I gave the old lady a short chuckle and left. I'm nothing going to lie, a small tiny weight had been lifted it was time to speak with Clark.

In no time, a day later, we were best friends again. I'm not going to lie, with a bit over a month without really talking to him it was a relief to have him back. He kept telling me how sorry he was but really I felt like I had to apologize, I was being a witch when I probably would have done the same thing if I were in his position.