Chapter Twelve: Wanna Know You Again

An hour later we were still stuck in the basement. My tears had long dried up and we were back to unloading the boxes.

My mind was reeling off the thought that I told Misha. I told Misha everything I'd been wanting to just tak about since the accident. It was a blend of horror, confusion, and relief. It was a huge relief to talk about it, but I was full of horror too. Horror because I just couldn't get what Misha was thinking. Was she thinking I was a wuss, was she going to tell people? Did she feel sorry for me? I didn't want her to pity me, I wanted her to understand... Gosh, why did I open up? Why would I do something so stupid? What's wrong with me? Why was I so weird? Ugh, I act like a such girl, a stupid sensitive girl! Why couldn't I act like a man?! I just spend too much time around girls.

"What?" asked Misha turning to me.

Oh, crap did I say that out loud.

"Danny, you said something?"

"What?" I asked, playing it cool. "No, I didn't. What time is it?"

"Almost midnight, four more minutes." Misha frowned. "Weird... time went by fast. So, what are you going to do to the little monster when we get out of here?"

"Sleep, of course."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, if I do anything else my mom will kill me."

"Nahh... Yeah, she would, wouldn't she?"

I smiled. "Yeah, it's fine though. Lucy can be a handful but she's a good kid. She's crazy, wild but she's- she's good. Sometimes, she reminds me of you."

"Why? How?"

"Because you're crazy, wild, but your good Misha. I know you are, even though you try to hide it."

"You really think so?" whispered Misha.

I nodded, I smirked. "I know so."

"I think that's the first time anyone has ever called me good."

"I can't imagine why, you're much better you just- you don't see it."

And for the first time ever I saw Misha's face slowly turning red, and she was blushing. It was like with that blush her eyes became brighter, her smile became wider, and her skin glow, radiated heat. She put her head down bashfully and I just wanted her to look up, so I could see her bright eyes. Without thinking I do it, I slowly walk to where she's looking though the boxes. I lift her face with my right hand, sliding my hand to her cup her ruby cheek, where I could feel the rush of blood to the surface. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I'd never seen Misha look more beautiful. I never thought girls were particularly pretty when they blushed, but at that moment all I could think was I made her look this way, and I just wanted to make her blush more. I wanted her to feel something enough to make her blush that way, I wanted her to be scarlet because of my words making her smile bashfully again.

"You know what I see, Misha?"

She shook her head slowly, I could barley see her breathing.

"Five." yelled Lucy upstairs

"I see someone with a really hard shell, harder then mine."

"Four!"

"When you break down that shell what's going to come out is a soul worth more then the world."

"Three."

"And I really hope I'm there to help you knock them down."

"Two."