Chapter 1

Kasie

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE- I slapped the SNOOZE button on my alarm clock and I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I glanced around my room. I slowly crawled off of my bed and onto the cold floor. I shivered at how cold it was.
Although my parents hated me, they let me have a decent looking room.
My bedroom had light purple walls and a fake hardwood floor. My bed was a twin sized bed with a purple set of pillows and a dark purple comforter. I had drawings all over my walls and my phone was stuffed between my box spring and mattress. It wasn't because I stole the phone that I was hiding it. I was hiding it because I wasn't exactly aloud to have a phone... I had saved up a bunch of money here and there from jobs I had been forced to get.
I have to pay for my own food and clothes. Simply because my parents don't give two shits about me. I leaned down and unplugged my phone before dragging my feet across the floor and get to my door, grabbing ny school uniform.
My uniform is a white button up shirt with a blue tie and a black and blue pleated skirt. Once I got my things, I gripped my phone tightly in my hand and rushed to the shower downstairs and turned on the shower, waiting until it got steamy before pulling my over- sized shirt over my head and tossed it to the floor and placed my phone underneath to hide it.
I turned to the shower and hopped in, letting the warm water relax my tense muscles. I let out a quiet sigh and closed my eyes, tilting my head up so the water was hitting my face and... just for a moment... forgot about the shitty ass parents I have. I grabbed some shampoo and lathered it in my hair before rinsing it out thoroughly.
"KASIE!" I heard my father boom and my heart began pounding in my chest. "GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE NOW!!" My eyes snapped opened and I quickly shut off the water and hopped out, dried off then got dressed and ran out already knowing I was gonna get my daily beating. Yippee for me...

As soon as my father's eyes laid on my he stormed up to me. All I saw was his arm twitch but I knew he punched me because pain exploded in my stomach and I groaned and leaned over in pain and he snarled before grabbing my hair and pulling me up so I was standing straight, "DON'T LEAN OVER LIKE THAT YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT AND STAND UP STRAIGHT!!" Then he punched me again, this time right on my right cheek bone and I cried out in pain but tried to not shrink away from him. Just then my mother entered the room and smirked as she saw my father beating the ever loving snot out of me and said "So you were in the shower? Well let me rinse out the remaining soap in your hair."
My eyes widened and I exclaimed, "There's no soap in my hair!!!" She let out a cold chuckle before smiling innocently and looked at my father,
"Hon, would you be so kind as to help me?" he put on a fake smile and said,
"Of course dear" and with that he pulled me into the bathroom and my mom turned the tap on to the hottest it could go and then waited for it to heat up and my breaths became ragged and I cried out,
"Please don't do this, please!" but of course, they ignored me and then my mom gave my dad this look as if to say, "Go ahead" and he shoved my head under the tap and the water burned my scalp as I screamed out in pain and desperately tried to pull away from the water but my dad just shoved my head further under until the water was almost touching my face and he hissed,
"You going to continue thrashing about or do you want me to place your entire fucking head underneath the water?" I cried and squeaked out,
"I'm done thrashing dad... just pl-please l-let me g-go" he laughed coldly and said,
"You're lucky we're feeling nice today, Kasie!" and with that he let me go.
I quickly removed my head from under the tap and turned the water cold and then slowly put my head back under, sighing in relief as the pain melted away to a faint throb. I sighed and removed myself from under the water and shut it off, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my hair.
I turned towards the mirror and winced at the sight of the already purple-ish bruise on my cheek.
I grabbed out some makeup and then gently applied some foundation to cover up the bruise. I then unwrapped my hair and let my jet black hair fall over my shoulders. I quickly styled it the way I liked then took a deep breath as I tip toed into the kitchen, hoping to get at least a granola bar for breakfast today.
When I saw no one in the kitchen I smiled and quickly ran to get an apple then ran out the door and then sprinted to school. As soon as I was a block away, I stopped running and came to a walk as if nothing had happened and I put on my 'I don't want to be here, but I have to be here' face but on the inside... this place was heaven. No parents, no beatings. As I got to the doors I noticed a new kid walking around and I thought Great... just GREAT! Another person to tease me even though he has no fucking clue as to how absolutely shitty my life is... I continued walking by him when I suddenly felt a pair of eyes on me and I began to feel uneasy. So... I ran inside and to my first class.

YAY!!!! UPDATE!!!! So sorry it took FOREVER to update but for a while I forgot the password so I couldn't log on but now I know it so I updated! :D Do you guys like it? If you do, then please leave a vote and comment below! ~Jaywolf84