I hate fakers (Chapter 32)

Chapter 32 - I hate fakers

My father clears his throat from behind us as he says simply "We need to talk" then leaves the kitchen.

I look at his retreating back and whisper to Jayden "Should we go and hide out in my room?"

Jayden chuckles and pulls me along behind him and replies "No, we should go and speak with Dad"

Dammit! Im not looking forward to this conversation.

My father has made his way to his office and Jayden and me are forced to sit on two separate chairs across the desk from my father. I did debate sitting on Jayden's lap, but that probably wouldnt go down too well with my father.

"We need to have a little chat about sleeping arrangements" my father announces seriously as I notice a hint of red creep up his face.

Oh no!!! He is going to embarrass me! He is going to give us the 'birds and the bees' talk, I know it!

Please no....Please no.... Please no.... I mentally chant.

My father then continues "I know you are both young, and you have feelings and urges."

Oh! Kill me now!

I sink down into my chair in embarrassment and cover my face with my hands.

I take a sly glance at Jayden and notice he is trying to hold back a laugh. I get the sudden urge to lightly kick him in the leg, and so thats what I do. This snaps Jayden to my attention, and he smirks at me.

Seriously! Smirking.... How can he smirk at a time like this? This is way too embarassing!

"Are you two even listening to me?" my father interrupts and when I turn to look at him, he is now fully blushing.

"Yes, dad" Jayden and me reply at the same time.

"Good" my father grunts. "Now, there will be no hanky-panky, funny ....." I cut my father off by bursting into laughter, after hearing him say hanky-panky. Who even says that anymore?

"Alayna" my father warns.

I try to hide my last few giggles as coughs, but don't quite succeed as my father's frown deepens.

"Sorry daddy" I mumble.

"As I was saying" my father continues "There will be no funny business. You will both sleep in your OWN rooms. Am I clear?"

I nod at the same time that Jayden says "Yes sir." Although I did just agree, I will probably end up breaking my promise.

"Good" my father says obviously pleased with himself. "If you are going to...well...you know..." my father stutters while blushing.

"Dad please don't!" I whine and then add "Im leaving" as I stand to leave and make my way to the door.

"Me too" Jayden says as he quickly gets to his feet and follows me.

"Please be safe" my father adds and then my cheeks blaze bright red with embarrassment. Yup, he just had to go there didnt he!

I pull the door open and am about to step into the hallway when my father says seriously "One more thing Jayden"

Jayden stops behind me and turns, I turn around also, interested in what my father is so serious about.

"If you hurt her, I promise you, that there is nowhere on this planet that you can hide" my father warns Jayden in his over-protective, fatherly tone.

Jayden places his hand on the small of my back and says confidently "I love Alayna"

Although his comment is directed at my father, it feels like Jayden is trying to reassure me, more than my father. Man, I love him.