I hate fakers (Chapter 12)

Chapter 12 - I hate fakers

"Morning beautiful" a deep husky voice whispers in my ear, that makes me jump.

I turn around to see an amused Conrad smiling that sexy grin of his.

Conrad...

Im so relieved that Conrad is here now.

So relieved in fact, that I want to hug him. And thats exactly what I do. I throw myself at him and wrap my arms around his neck.

Conrad is startled for a moment, but quickly recovers and hugs me back.

By now my brain has decided to show up, and I blush furiously while trying to pull away, but he holds me tight against him.

He smiles at me, and then whispers seductively "Not the greeting I was expecting, but I'll take it."

I manage to pull out of the hug, and look down in embarrassment as I apologise "Sorry...I don't know whats wrong with me."

"Anytime you want to throw yourself at me, I don't mind" he winks at me suggestively that has me blushing again.

"Ali" someone screams from behind me. I turn just in time to be tackled by a stressed out Kylie.

Whats wrong with her?

Kylie is muttering and hugging me tightly "Are you ok Kylie?" I ask

"Me!" she demands "Me! Your worried about me!!!"

Ok, Kylie is making absolutely no sense at all.

I try to calm her down "Kylie, whats wrong?"

"Whats wrong!" she yells "Whats wrong!"

Ok, still not making any sense.

This happens when Kylie gets really worked up. So I just wait for the adrenaline to fade from her system. In her own time, she will start to make sense.

After a minute or so of Kylies incoherent muttering she grabs my upper arms and looks me straight in the eyes when she asks "What were you thinking?"

Well, I was thinking that you need to start making sense. But I remain silent, because soon clarity will kick in.

Kylie then continues with her explanation shouting "Jayden told me what you did this morning! You could have been hurt! You could have had an accident!"

I look down at my feet in embarrassment.

Kylie lets me go and points at my motorbike, "That thing is a death trap! Jaydens an idiot for getting it for you"

"Im sorry mom" I try to apologise and lighten the mood, when Kylie pulls me into another tight hug.

"I don't know what I would have done if something had of happened to you" Kylie whispers as she looks like she is on the verge of tears. "Especially after what..." she trails off.

"Im ok" I reassure her. "I promise I will never do anything like that again"

Kylie nods and then pulls me in for one more hug before two sets of strong arms hug us both.

Yay! Group hug!

Although when I glance at Jake and Darren who have joined me and Kylie, they dont look happy.

Anyone would think I did a stunt trick this morning, with the amount of attention Im getting.

Jayden has got a big mouth! Im gonna kill him.

Before they can put in their five cents worth, I say to my boys "Guys, Im ok. Im sorry. I shouldn't have done that, and I will never do it again."

The bell rings for first period, and I cant help but think of the old cliché 'Saved by the bell'