I hate fakers (Chapter 17)

Chapter 17 - I hate fakers

"Jayden" I gargle as I swallow a mouthful of pool water.

That jerk! He dumped me in the pool!

Why is he so upset? The other day he was willing to give Conrad a chance. Now he is being a complete jerk!

I struggle my way out of the water and as soon as I break the surface I hear shouting.

I look over to see Jayden and Conrad wrestling.

I scream at them to stop, but they don't listen.

I quickly get out of the pool and race towards them as my father and brother approach from the opposite direction.

Tyler pulls Jayden away from Conrad just as Conrad executes a sucker punch to his left cheek.

My father pulls Conrad away but now Jayden is infuriated and fights his way out of my brothers grip.

I run forward screaming and stand in front of Conrad as Jayden raises his fist to punch him.

"Stop Jayden!" I shout at him, and he comes to an abrupt stop.

"Move, baby girl." Jayden growls at me.

I cross my arms over my dripping wet chest and glare back at him saying "No! He is my boyfriend. Now deal with it."

Jayden gets the same pained expression that he instantly masks with anger as he shouts "He hit me! Don't you care about me?"

Jayden is an idiot! Of course I care about him. He knows that I care about him. But there is no need for violence.

Instead of answering his rhetorical question, I fire back at him "Well, you threw me into the pool. Don't you care about me?"

Jayden spits "That's not the same thing, and you know it."

Conrad choses this moment to wrap his arms protectively around my waist and pull me back towards him. Jayden clenches his fists and grits his teeth as he seethes "So what, are you going to chose him over me?"

At the moment I cant answer his question because I am having an internal battle with my emotions. On the one side, my brain is telling me to run to Jayden and the other side is telling me to stay exactly where I am.

Conrad wins out in the end.

Conrad is my boyfriend, and any conflicting feelings I have for Jayden need to learn their place.

Conrad leans down and places a small kiss on the side of my neck. I really need to talk to him about his poor judgement in timing.

Jayden lunges towards us to rip me from Conrad's grip but Tyler catches him in time. My father releases Conrad as he goes and helps Tyler with Jayden.

They drag Jayden towards the house as he yells at them "You're going to leave her out here with him alone?"

My father replies "Calm down son."

As they get Jayden into the house and close the door I can still hear Jayden shouting "He's violent" "He doesn't deserve her"

Jayden needs to listen to his own words very carefully, because at the moment he is the one with the violent tendencies.

I turn to my friends, who are standing around with mouths gaping and eyes popping out of their heads, and ask them to give me and Conrad a private moment.

As soon as they leave, I remove Conrad's hands from around my waist and step back away from him.

I turn to Conrad who comes to me and tries to hug me. I step away and hold up my hand, as he frowns and clenches his fists.