I hate fakers (Chapter 31)

Chapter 31 - I hate fakers

I wake up a short time later, as my heart pounds in my chest sending my mind into a panic for no clear reason.

Something doesn't feel right.

I pat the bed next to me, and notice it is empty. Jayden isn't back yet? Thats weird.

Surely, he would be back by now. Wheres my phone? I grab my clutch from off the floor and hunt through it, but I only find my PDA. Taking my PDA with me, I make my way to my bedroom to find my phone.

Something feels wrong.

When I find my phone, I sit on my bed as I dial Jayden's number but it goes straight to voicemail.

I walk around the house, bumping into things in the dark as I go, trying to see if Jayden is somewhere else in the house. The house is dead quiet, as everyone is asleep.

Im getting a little worried, but perhaps its just my overactive imagination.

If anyone will know anything, it will be Tyler. I make my way to his room, and slowly push his door open. Tyler is sound asleep on his bed, Joel is on the couch, and Samuel is on the floor.

I shake him trying to wake him whispering "Tyler"

Tyler ignores me and rolls over.

"Ali" a groggy voice asks. I look over at the couch and see Joel slowly sitting up. "Is everything ok?" he asks as he rubs his eyes.

"Sorry for waking you Joel. Im just worried about Jayden" I whisper trying not to wake Samuel as well. I don't think anything can wake my brother up though.

"He probably slept at his place" Joel suggests as I shake my head.

"No Joel. Jayden would have rung me. Do you know if Tyler got a call from him?" I ask Joel.

Joel shakes his head saying "Not that I know of."

Right then my PDA alarm starts beeping like crazy. I look at the screen and then scream "No!"

This startles Samuel and Tyler awake but I run out of Tyler's room and head for the garage, ready to race back to the showroom. When I get to the garage I remember, that all my vehicles are at the showroom, and I have no means of transport. Except for my father's Prius.

Dammit!

I race back into the house and slam into Tyler who comes out of his room at the wrong moment.

"Move!" I shout as I run towards my father's room with Tyler hot on my tail as he asks panicky "Whats wrong?"

I ignore him as I run to my father trying to wake him "Daddy, I need to use your car." As I frantically search around in his bedside table for his car keys.

Noting the alarm in my tone, my father wakes up quickly and asks "Whats wrong?"

Still searching for the keys, I cant help but ask "Have you heard from Jayden?" Giving up on his bedside table I search his coat and pants pockets slung over the chair in the corner.

My father shakes his head and says "Not since the auction"

"Daddy" I say as tears build in my eyes "Something is wrong with Jayden. I can feel it. And my cars are getting stolen" I then throw my PDA to my father to see saying "My alarm on my PDA just went off."

I let out a frustrated sigh and demand "Where are your keys?" at the same time my father says "Lets go" as he quickly gets out of bed.

"I will get the others" Tyler says and runs out of the room.