I hate fakers (Chapter 13)

Chapter 13 - I hate fakers

Conrad ignores me for the rest of lunch, and then takes off just before the bell rings for our afternoon classes.

Great! NOT

He's upset with me. I don't blame him though. Im such an idiot!

I want to explain to him that nothing is going on between me and Jayden, but I never get the chance.

Im going to take the chance in detention though. I don't care if there is a 'no talking' rule. I need to clear the air with Conrad.

I pay no attention to my afternoon classes, in anticipation for detention. Weird huh!?! Im looking forward to detention.

But, I really want to explain things to Conrad.

Detention finally comes around and after 5 minutes of constantly checking the door, I realise that Conrad isn't coming.

How did he manage to get out of detention?

The next hour and a half of detention drags on, as I sit there bored out of my brains wishing I could run out of the classroom like I did yesterday.

By the end of detention, Im grumpy and agitated.

I drag my feet as I make my way over to the football field where the cheerleaders are meeting. I slump down on the grass, and avoid eye contact with most of the cheerleading team who seem to be glaring at me. Whatever! Ive got better things to worry about, than their small minded opinions.

As if my day couldn't get any worse, Courtney is nominated as this years captain and she smirks at me. I don't really care about the captaincy, its just now she will have some sort of power over me.

Cheerleading suddenly lost its appeal.

I sulk in the back seat of Jayden's truck on the ride home. Although, Courtney managed to catch a ride home with someone else, I still sit in the back seat. I would rather sulk in peace.

Idiot number 1 (my brother Tyler) and Idiot number 2 (Jayden) had a few words about my stunt this morning, and decided to confiscate my bike.

Today is just getting worse and worse.

Dad usually lets me borrow his Prius when I do my volunteer work. But Jayden wanted to drop me off, and promised he would pick me up afterwards.

So after I had a quick shower and then threw on some black skinny jeans, a blank tank and my favourite grey hoodie I was ready. Pulling on my black converse shoes as I run out the door to Jaydens truck where he is honking at me.

Im quiet on the ride to the soup kitchen, not in the mood for idle chit chat.

"Later" I say to Jayden as I quickly hop out of his truck at the back entrance.

"Bye, baby girl" Jayden smiles and then adds "Just call me when you want me to come get you"

I dont respond, not really in the mood for anything. I slowly make my way towards Link's mom and offer my assistance with the serving line.

During my shift, I make a new friend. A 5yr old boy named Eric, who follows me around the kitchen asking me all sorts of interesting questions. Spending time with Eric brings a smile to my face, and brightens my dull day.

After my shift I wander over to Aaron's mom who is putting utensils in the steamer "Hey Mrs C, do you need a hand with anything else?"

Mrs Connelly, pulls me into a tight hug and replies "No thanks dear. You should head off. It is a school night after all" while patting my cheek.