xviii.

"So where are you taking me for our first date?" (Name) said, grinning like an idiot.

After the divorce had been finalized, Taehyung took it upon himself to date (Name). He knew she would treat him right, especially since she had helped him through all the pain and hurt. She was someone he could depend on. Someone to lean on, someone who supported him through thick and thin. He knew she would always be there for him. She was now his whole world and he wasn't about to give up on her. He wouldn't let that happen. Not now, not ever.

"It's a surprise" was all he said, picking up her hand in his and kissing it as he continued on driving.

When the other members had found out that Taehyung and (Name) were heading out on their first date, they ended up tagging along. It was more of a group hang out than an actual date. They just wanted more time to tease and slightly torment their once lost but now found friend. They hadn't teased him about anything in such a long time this had to be done. It was much needed after eight long years of radio silence from the younger male.

"Can I change the radio station? I hate this song." Jungkook popped up between the two, sitting in the back seat with a sleeping Yoogni.

Taehyung only nodded in response to the younger. Nothing had really changed in the group since he left. Everyone was still as goofy as he had left them just much older and a little more mature. Just not as mature as he thought they had become. They were still his favorite dorks.

"Turn it down, you damned fetus. I'm trying to sleep," Yoongi warned.

***

When they had arrived at their destination, Jungkook went straight to the trunk of the car to get the picnic basket. All eight of the members walked over to the shore line, all eight of them drinking in the pretty sight before them. Everything felt so calm, so at ease. While the world was in complete shambles, here everything was perfect.

After they had eaten their food, the sky had turned dark and they ended up star gazing. "That one looks like Joonie!" Jin said.

"What? How?" the one called Joonie whined.

"I see it, too! The one shaped like an egg, right, hyung?" Jimin had asked earning a smack from Namjoon.

"That one looks like Jimin's butt!" Hoseok shouted, pointing at the stars. "I know that looks like Jimin's butt because its two plump circles like Jimin's behind!"

"Hey!" Everyone but Jimin laughed. "That one looks like Hoseok hyung. Wanna know how I know? It looks like a horse," Jimin rebuttal-ed.

This was the perfect end to a perfect day.

el fin
(but wait, there's more! stay tuned for notes from the authors)