ii.

He sat in the back of the coffee house with his cup of Joe twiddling with his thumbs out of nervous habit. A habit he'd developed quite some time ago with no explanation as to why.

"Haven't seen you in awhile." A familiar voice snapped Taehyung from his trance of his pretty thumbs. He looked up to meet the stranger's gaze. He stood up and walked over to the other side of the table to greet said stranger, an awkward smile gracing his chiseled face. They shook hands.

"I know, it's just life has been crazy lately but let's catch up, yeah?" Taehyung gestured to the chair at the small table. The other nodded, both taking their seats.

"So, TaeTae, how's the wife treating you, hm?" Jungkook beamed, crossing his long arms across around his torso.

The older let out an awkward chuckle. "She's something." He smiled, painfully. "How's life for you?" he asked, changing the subject.

"It's alright. I was hanging out with Jimin the other day. When I told him that you wanted to meet up with me to catch up, he became all jealous and mopey. We haven't seen or heard from you in years. What made you want to catch up all of a sudden?" Jungkook's normally happy expression changed to a somber one. He was no longer making eye contact with Taehyung now; he was more interested in his hands at the moment.

"I'll go get you some coffee." Taehyung got up from his seat and walked over to the counter, ordering something he thought Jungkook might like.

Get in touch with them, she said. It'll be fine, she said. He rolled his eyes upon recalling what the doctor had said to do. Taehyung returned to the table, drink in hand.

"So, are you going to tell me why you disappeared off the face of the earth after you got married?" The younger looked at the other with pitiful eyes.

"I...That's...I can't tell you yet, I'm not ready." Taehyung broke eye contact and looked down at the granite table top, too ashamed of himself to look the other in the eyes.

The younger sighed. "That's fine." He checked the time on his watch. "Oh shoot, I'm late for Jimin's birthday party." The younger quickly got up, straightening out his clothes before looking at Taehyung. "Wanna tag along? The others will be happy to see you." He smiled, a smile Taehyung had long since seen, but he shook his head.

"Another time, tell him I said happy birthday."

Entering his house, he put on the best smile he could for his wife. "Welcome home, my love," she greeted, smiling ever so kindly. "How did it go with Jungkook?"

"It was okay. Today is Jimin's birthday. Jungkookie invited me to go but I don't think I'm ready to meet everyone all at once just yet." He sighed, taking a seat at the dining table where his wife had laid out his dinner for him. She nodded, patting his head.

They ate dinner in complete silence. Immediately after, Taehyung retired for the night, planning on taking a nap.

He lay there staring blankly at the ceiling. I thought she said it would help me feel better even by just talking to one of them, so why do I feel even worse? He sighed heavily, curling into a ball.

Ping!

He looked over, seeing his phone light up, and he grabbed it lazily, tapping the notification.

[Kookie~]: Aye! Where are you? This is Jimin btw.

[You]: I couldn't come. Something happened here. Happy birthday, though!

[Kookie~]: Oh, is everything okay?

[You]: Yeahh

[unknown]: Then why don't you come!

[unknown]: This is Jimin btw, Kookie gave me your number, hope it's okay.

[You]: I wish I could go.

[Jiminie~]: Fine, if you won't come, we will come to you! We'll be there in 20! See you then, TaeTae.

Taehyung sighed, tossing his phone to the side of him. He wasn't willing to see anyone right now. He was too far out of it to deal with the always excitable Jung Hoseok. "Honey, the guys are coming over, is that okay? I didn't invite them," the male said, peeking out of the doorway.

"I thought you said you weren't ready to see them yet?"

"I'm not but they all want to see me."

She nodded in response. "I guess they can. Just don't be too loud with them. I know how you all get."

The male agreed and walked out front, waiting to greet the friends he'd long since seen. Well, everyone except Jungkook. He'd seen him earlier that day.