The Little Things

We turned the final corner, hearing shouts and people running from behind us. The guards must have been alerted when we didn't show up. We ran faster, then the Doctor stopped and turned to a door, making me skid to a stop few feet away.

"A little -huff- warning next time -huff- Doctor."

I was out of breath from all of the running. He looked at me and grinned while pulling his screwdriver out. He sonic'd the door open and grabbed my hand, pulling me inside while saying "Come on now, Painter!"

He went to his TARDIS, which I missed a lot. The TARDIS hummed at our arrival and I grinned. The Doctor's TARDIS seems very much more lively then mine. Probably because mine is supposed to be retired for more then 2000 years now and his is probably not that old.

My smile dropped as we walked inside. The Doctor was chatting away the whole time,but I wasn't listening. I didn't want to leave my TARDIS, even if I was going to, hopefully, travel with the Doctor. I sighed and closed the door. The Doctor looked back at me and stopped talking. He walked over to me and I looked at the ground.

"Painter, what's wrong?"

I started fiddling with my hands and didn't answer. My TARDIS, it wasn't even mine, it was my grandpa's and I am leaving it. Even when my grandpa was around, the TARDIS still liked me more and always was there. And when the Time Lords decommissioned her, I thought she was gone and I wanted her back even if I did just sit in her consul room all day. I realized I don't want to loose her again... Like everyone else....

A tear dropped from my eye as I thought about her. I didn't want to abandon her here. I want to bring her someplace where I can visit her and still travel with the Doctor...

A hand gently lifted my chin. I looked up at the worried Doctor, who wiped away the tears with his thumb.

"Tell me."

He spoke gently.

"My TARDIS... I don't want to leave her. I don't want to abandon her here..."

The Doctor looked down at me and smiled.

"Well, let's go get her."

He ran to the TARDIS consul, which started whrring and wheezing and groaning. I grinned at him and leaned on the rail. We landed as quickly as we started. I walked over to the door and opened it slightly. No one there, good. They must still be looking for us. I looked back at the Doctor.

"Wait for me at this place and time. I'll be there in a jiffy!"

I winked at him and gave him a piece of paper that had the coordinates. I then ran outside his TARDIS and closed the door. I watched his TARDIS slowly disappear and turned to my TARDIS. I walked up to her. It seems they tried to open her with explosives, but to no avail. I slightly put my hand on her. I smiled at her.

"Your one tough cookie..."

I backed up and stomped my foot on the ground and she opened up. I used to do that when I was smaller and my grandpa wouldn't give me the key. My smile widened as I went inside and shut the door quickly, scooping up the key I threw in here a while ago and walking to the consul. I put the key in my pocket and stretched my arms. I then ran around the consul to drive her to where I want to go. I quickly put up the shields too, so that it would cut off transmissions so UNIT couldn't control the TARDIS, though it blocks out any transmission so if the Doctor tries to get hold of me, it wouldn't go through. Oh well.

I landed and everything went silent. I went to the door to look outside. I opened the door slowly and smiled, then opening it up all the way and looked at the view. I was on top of a green hill over looking a beautiful pond surrounded by cherry blossom trees. I closed the door behind me and looked around for the Doctor. He wasn't here yet. He probably is off the time by a bit, he does that a lot.

I decided to walk to the pond. I sat under a cherry blossom tree that was on a slight hill next to the water. The grass was a bright vibrant green with wind blowing on everything ever so softly. I yawned. I must be more tired then I thought. Then I heard a stick snap behind me and I turned around quickly. I smiled. It was the Doctor. He must have seen me down here. He came up and sat next to me and looked around.

"This is a beautiful place. How did you find it?"

I looked at the pond and saw the Doctor looking at me out of the corner of my eye.

"My grandpa brought me here once. He said this is the first place he went with his TARDIS and that she brought him here herself. Also, this is the first place I went to in a TARDIS to, but when I went, it was destroyed. I've never seen it like this before. It's amazing how something like this, something so simple, can be so beautiful and lively and then gone the next instance...."

I started to tear up, missing everyone I had, everyone I have, and everyone I will have lost all at once since I never have had a chance to think about it and probably won't again for a long time.

"Painter, look at me."

The Doctor said it softly with kindness and wisdom all mixed in there.

I looked over at him with tears slowly progressing down my face. He reached out his hands and grabbed my hands with them.

"Painter, I know everything has been tough.. You've lost almost everything in your life, but everything works out in the end. Don't worry." He reached around my waist and hugged me. "I understand what you are going through. I will be here for you always." The Doctor slightly pulled away to look down at me, but still had his arms around me. He reached up to my face and wiped the tears away, then gently caressed my face with his hand. I started to blush ferociously from the closeness. He then started to lean towards me, closing his eyes. I started to close my eyes involuntarily. Suddenly, I felt his lips on mine. He kissed me softly, as if careful not to break my lips. I started to kiss back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He slowly pulled away after a bit and looked at me.

"Painter, will you travel with me?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...... Oh my gosh. Right when I finished this, an ice cream truck drove by, blasting it's music. I laughed.
Okay then, now..... What just happened, oh yeah... OH YEAH! Th-the Painter was kissed by the Doctor!!! Holy cheese-us! This is great! Or not, depending on your perspective.... But whateve's. Got no idea what to do now...
Oh yeah and the Doctor found the Painter last chapter by him having a device on the painter's TARDIS that traces when it's being controlled by an outside force. He had put it in when he fixed her TARDIS. I had to explain that because it was supposed to be explained in this chapter, but I kept forgetting to and I didn't want to rewrite a whole section..... Yeah.
i do not own DOCTOR WHO!~