Watched, Watches, Watches You

As I stared at the watch what seemed like hours, I came to a conclusion. This is a prank. Its got to be a prank. There is no way this is real. I'm not going to open this. Nope. So what am I going to do with this. It looks pretty valuable, so I could sell it for a lot. Yup, I'm going to sell it. 

I went to my bedroom and pulled out my laptop. I turned it on, hoping the storm didn't block out the internet. Luckily the internet was good enough to web browse. I typed up pocket watch values and went through the options. I didn't find anything so I added with circle design etched in. I found a site and looked through the different watches. Most of the watches had a design that made sense, like circles going getting smaller to the inside or circles around the perimeter of the watch, but they weren't it. I was about to give up when I came upon a link. It said strange circle designed watches and a picture of a watch similar to mine. I quickly clicked on the link, wanting to find out about the watch. It opened a site I never heard of before, something about special watches. I browsed through the site looking for information on the watch. I found the history of the watches which said that the watches held lives of special people and if you own such a watch, you should look inside.

I laughed. Yeah right, now the internet wants me to open the watch. Well, seeing I'm a stubborn person, I won't open it. I smiled slightly at my stubbornness. I went to the online selling site I use a lot and opened up the new selling item tab. I typed in the description and put the watch at a price of $150. I sighed when I realized I needed a picture of the watch. I grabbed my phone, snapped a pic, sent it to my computer, and put it on the page. After doing other things for the page, like where to contact me. I uploaded the page to the site. After that I grabbed my purse and decided to go out for lunch. I tossed the watch on my bed, grabbed a hoodie, an umbrella, and my keys and walked out, locking my door behind me.

I was going to go to a little sandwich shop next to the place I worked at. I forced my way against the wind, not being able to use my umbrella in this weather, down the street. I walked for 10 minutes, stopping occasionally to turn away from the harsh weather.  I finally made it to the shop, which was luckily open. I looked at the menu behind the counter and ordered my usual sandwich. I sat down to wait as the sandwich man made my sandwich. He quickly made it and gave it to me after I paid. I went back down to sit and looked around. I noticed no one was there and the sandwich guy was gone. I put down my sandwich and walked slowly to the counter. I looked over and jumped back.

The man was half gone, but I didn't hear anything. How could he have been half eaten by the time I sat down with my sandwich and not hear anything? I slowly backed away towards the door, grabbing my phone from my purse. I flipped it open and it had no bars. Perfect. Just perfect. I sigh and try to open the door. I push, but it won't budge. The door is locked. Great, this day just gets better and better.

Clang! I suddenly heard a sound behind me, like something was knocked over. I turned toward the sound and saw the most horrific thing I ever seen. It was a person sized thing. I don't know what it is, but it was dog like, red, protruding bones, large teeth, and a tail that looked like a kangaroo's that had spikes on it. 

It glared at me, snarling while I backed up toward the door. I tried the door again, jiggling the handle. It wouldn't open, I knew it wouldn't. Is this how I am going to die? With a giant kangaroo creature getting closer and closer to me? No, I won't let it. I smirked at the monster and winked. It looked at me and started to inch forward more, not sure of what I was doing.

I bolted past the monster when it stepped forward again. I went behind the counter and grabbed a knife that was on it. I squatted down behind the counter and inched my way to the door. It was close, though it couldn't find me in this little shop. I smiled again until I came to the man from before. I felt saddened as pushed my way past him. I whispered sorry to him over my shoulder when I got past him.

I was close to the door, really close, but the counter ended before the door so I would have to bolt to it. I looked over the counter to see the monster was sniffing my sandwich. I shuddered while the blood from the man dribbled down on it. I looked back at the door and ran towards it. I was almost there, my hand feet from the door handle, then the monster pushed me to the side, making me drop my knife. Then it backed up while I was gaining my senses back. It ran towards me again , ramming me into the wall behind the counter. I felt really dizzy,  I guess I must've banged my head. The monster was about to slash at me when the door I was going to go through before, busted open. The wind whipped in bringing in a blurry person. Oh wait, I just hit my head, that's why they're blurry. The person held meat in their hand and threw it to the opposite corner of the room and the monster ran to it, trying to tear it apart. The person then looked around and saw me. They smiled a sad smile at me while they walked towards me. The person looks like a guy.

I barely whispered out, "Wh-.. Who.. are...you?"

The man looked at me and smiled, "I'm the Doctor and I'm here to help."

 I hazily smiled back, the picture coming in and out of focus. "Ok... Will... you... help me?" I said while he was looking at my head.

He looked at me again, furrowing his eyebrows and said, "Yes, I will help you, just hold on, okay?"

I briefly shook my head up and down, indicating yes. He smiled and I started to pass out. My eyes started to flutter and my head dropped, then nothing.