Just Breathe

***** Trigger warning, depression, anxiety & suicide.*****

BREATHE  That's what you kept telling yourself as you found yourself looking down the barrel of a loaded pistol.

JUST BREATHE  She was crying, "what do you have that I don't" she yelled at you, her hand stretched outright pointing the gun at your head.

STAY CALM  Her hand begins to shake, she moves closer to your frozen figure, becoming increasingly agitated by your lack of response to her questions.                                                                               

IT WILL BE OKAY  She starts crying uncontrollably as screams start bellowing down the corridors, security pleading with her to drop the gun.

BREATHE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BREATHE  Her sobs hush, her eyes turn dark as she moves the gun and points it at her own head. "Please.... don't" you plead to her, the first words to leave your mouth since this all began. "I will never be enough" she whispers as she pulls the trigger, ending her own misery.

----------------------------------

You turn your head away just as blood is spattered all over your face, your hair, your clothes. The gun shot still echoing in your ears. You look down at your hands, they are speckled with blood.

Time stands still, you can hear the frantic screams of the crew, you can hear them screaming your name, you can hear your breaths becoming more frantic, your heart beat bellowing through your ears as the panic begins to set in. You hear yourself let out a bloodcurdling scream when you see her lifeless body laying in front of you, hands rush to your hysterical side, ushering you away from the scene.

You are inconsolable, crying, screaming, an absolute mess as you are pushed outside into a waiting van. There are familiar voices, filled with panic trying to console you to no avail. Someone is holding you as you cry hysterically, still staring at your bloodied hands. As the realization sets in you are in a moving car traveling at high speeds you begin to panic.

"Let me out" "Open the door" "I can't breathe" you plead over and over again between sobs to whoever is in the car, holding you back from the doors.

You can't breathe, there is no air entering your lungs. You fight harder, reaching for the handle, kicking the door, crying hysterically. The car pulls to a halt and you barrel out the door, desperately trying to fill your lungs. Hands still hold you tightly, voices still fill your ears with words pleading with you to calm down. Bright lights pull up behind the van and bodies come running towards you. Two strong familiar arms wrap around your body, your back being held tightly to his chest. He holds you still.

"Breathe baby, deep breaths" he repeats over and over again, whispering into your ear. "That's it darlin, keep going, just breathe".

Cameras start flashing and you are once again ushered back into the van, his hands still wrapped around you tightly, words still being whispered into your ear.

You find yourself being cradled on the floor, you've stopped crying, at least the noise anyway.

Silent tears fall from your eyes as you stare off into nothingness, your body trembling violently, your body & brain becoming lifeless.

Jackets wrap around your shoulders but you are still cold, tattooed arms hold you tightly embracing you but you still feel alone, words are being spoken but you cannot hear them. In this moment there is nothing, just you, you and your mind.