Storm

CRACK!!!

The sound of the thunder shook the room, jolting you from your once peaceful sleep. You sat up, looking out the window at the bright flashes of light that lit up the sky, rain and wind smashing against the window.

CRACK!!!

Another loud boom filled your ears, causing you to jump, a gasp leaving your lips.

You loathed thunder storms with every essence of your being, had since you were a kid. You wanted nothing more than at that point to envelop yourself within the confines of the doona and hide however fear having takin over, you found yourself unable to move.

CRACK!!!!

You were absolutely terrified, your body beginning to quiver. You didn't even notice Ed beginning to stir beside you, he having also been rudely awoken by the violence going on outside.

You were breathing heavily, eyes wide and fixated on the goings on outside when you felt his hands engulf you, pulling you down back onto the bed and holding you tightly to his chest.

"It's okay darlin, I'm right here" he said sleepily, trying to calm your shaking body.

CRACK!!!!!

This time it was loud enough to make even Ed jump slightly, causing you to whimper and bury your head further into his chest, clinging to his shirt for dear life.

He exhaled loudly, no doubt trying to ignore the adrenaline now pumping through his veins. He brought himself back slightly attempting to pry your head away from his chest before tucking your hair behind your ear. He brought his fingers underneath your chin and tilted your head so your eyes could meet his. Although tears welling up in your eyes were clouding your view, the loving and understanding smile you found staring back at you was oddly soothing. You managed to shoot him back a week smile before he brought his lips to yours and kissed you gently. He rested his forehead on yours, his hand caressing your tear stained cheek, the other still wrapped around your body, holding you firmly.

"You're safe here with me sweetheart" he lulled between your sniffles. "Close your eyes, I've got you". You did as you were asked, he bringing you tightly to his chest once again as the rain hammered down hard against the window glass, thunder rumbling throughout the night.

Although you were still frightened you could feel your body calming. His tattooed arms wrapped around you, protecting you from harm.

Before you knew it, you were drifting back off to sleep, ignoring the storm bellowing outside, the wind, the rain, the lightning & thunder, none of that mattering anymore. In that moment, all that existed were him and you, together.